My first arrowhead

Z73A

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first arrowhead. Found in Wayne county Ohio. I've researched identification and believe this to be a Snyder point. Made from either upper mercer/coshocton chert or zaleski chert.

IMG_0319.JPG

Upvote 0

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! I'm still trying to find an unbroken one!

8-)

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
That's a pretty little point. The bad news is that when your first point is that nice, you generally become hopelessly addicted.

It looks a bit small for a Snyder to me, but maybe. Have you looked as the Jacks Reef point type?

OP
OP
Z

Z73A

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm definitely hooked. Always wanting to look for more.

I guess I over looked that point type. I'll have to take another look at the point when I get home and Compare both types.
Thanks for your input!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, very nice first point, get ready to be disappointed, next one most likely want be as nice as they are usually thousands of years old. I also agree it looks little like a snyder but it is rather small for a snyder, to me it looks more like a jacks reef like joshuaream said.

Again very nice point. Consider making it into a necklace, have gold wire wrapped around the base to hold on a necklace.

Jacks Reef Corner Notch Projectile Point

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice 1st find. Some dont wash theirs I understand but believe it or not you could scrub it pretty good with a toothbrush without hurting it and the dirt will stay in some sections. That 1st layer of dirt is very hard to remove after its been there for 1000s of years.

Kurt Franz THB

Jun 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, AT Gold, AT Pro, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Shes a beauty! Excellent save

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a sweet little point, no matter what name it ends up being given !
If the base was ground, and was found in my area, I might call it an Amos, with what looks to be some serrations cutting through the soil that remains on the edges.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread