rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to go out and look some. Work has been very demanding lately but not today, ha. Went to 4 places and this was the best of the day. The large triangle piece any ideas on it? Its kind of thick 2.25 inches long and has edge work on all sides. Its flint, Id like to hear some opinions on it. Everything was field finds all the creeks are full with the rain. Very hot by the way Im sure everybody knows if you walk a field.

Attachments

• SDC12381.JPG
    SDC12381.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • SDC12384.JPG
    SDC12384.JPG
    675.2 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Rock! The triangle piece looks like a large scraper.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Rock! The triangle piece looks like a large scraper.

Even the small grey one is a hafted scraper. I guess it was a tool day. Lots of broken points but none whole. Maybe next time a point will pop out. Thanks

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Rock Slayer:laughing7: the large piece looks to be a preform to me because there has been to much work done on it, just for a tool JMO.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even the small grey one is a hafted scraper. I guess it was a tool day. Lots of broken points but none whole. Maybe next time a point will pop out. Thanks

The small hafted scraper is really nice too! I Wonder what that jet black piece above would of looked like intact.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The small hafted scraper is really nice too! I Wonder what that jet black piece above would of looked like intact.

Im guessing it was a point at one time. At the break on 1 side it shows some chipping for repair and then Im guessing it was used as a crude drill with the tip. Reworked for something. I find so many scrapers in that field well fields that is. More scrapers than anything else but Im going back again my next day off maybe a point will surface. The oldest point so far has been Adena.

Attachments

• 100_4245.JPG
    100_4245.JPG
    383 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like that field has a lot to offer, those are all great finds and tools are cool. I think you will find some nice points there too eventually.

Hope so I call it scraper hill ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread