My best scraper yet

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this one the other day I'd say it's my best halfed scraper yet. IMG_20170716_160623.jpg

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Anyone ever think that maybe these "halfed scrapers" are really blunt points?

Would be good for having the weight but not penetration..for maybe turkeys or something?

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to call them blunts and figured they were used to shoot small game, maybe so they wouldnt damage the hide, or just to stun the animal so as to capture it alive. I guess i have come around to believing they were probably used as scrapers. That seems to be the consensus among collectors now, and it does make sense to me, but i wouldnt doubt that some were used as a projectile also.Here is one of mine. 0719170719.jpg

Jul 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not a scraper.. it's a small axe... Very nice!!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
coosakid

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about the blunt points never thought about it, but it is a possibility... It's pretty small for an ax though... It's a little bigger than a quarter

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the triangle style do you think they were reworked tips that broke? I find them every once in a while but not often. I like the hafted style to. Most scrapers I find are ovals or flake style.

OP
OP
coosakid

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the triangle style do you think they were reworked tips that broke? I find them every once in a while but not often. I like the hafted style to. Most scrapers I find are ovals or flake style.
The other two is what I consider thumb nail scrapers and the only ones I've found... The rest I've found are the oval kind. Or as you called them before scraper knives

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell ya I like the hafted scrapers. The re use of a good tool. You have found a nice one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread