Possibly a artifact found in the ground?

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN6721.JPG DSCN6722.JPG DSCN6723.JPG DSCN6724.JPG DSCN6725.JPG DSCN6726.JPG DSCN6727.JPG DSCN6728.JPG DSCN6730.JPG DSCN6732.JPG DSCN6733.JPG DSCN6736.JPG

Upvote 0

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMHO it's one of those things if I found at my site I would take home and ponder about. Would have to lean natural unless a story about it found on a site or something. Regardless cool rock with a suspiciously nice shine. Maybe someone else can answer but think natural.

OP
OP
U
Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking a ATLATL WEIGHT because I found native pottery very near where I found this

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know what that is, but it certainly is very polished for being in the ground. I'd hold onto it for sure. Maybe someone will have some ideas. It's really pretty.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting and I have some similar stuff- I don't know if worry stones are a real thing or not but I wonder.....

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
my two cents says that if it were not natural...whoever made it and took all that time to polish it...would have taken the waves out of the sides and made it a lot straighter and more even.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a natural creek stone to me. When a creek or river floods they can deposit stones else where and that probably explains the smoothness of it.

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Southeastern U.S. (Georgia)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you provide any context? I've found some polished stones like that interspersed with artifacts in places where there are no native rocks. In those cases they are most likely something they were fond of, like a worry stone or some kind of pretty object.
On the other hand, Rock is right-if it was found in an area where rocks are abundant, it could just be natural.

It's pretty interesting, regardless.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you provide any context? I've found some polished stones like that interspersed with artifacts in places where there are no native rocks. In those cases they are most likely something they were fond of, like a worry stone or some kind of pretty object.
On the other hand, Rock is right-if it was found in an area where rocks are abundant, it could just be natural.

It's pretty interesting, regardless.

Agree-context is everything.....

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JMHO....it looks like petrified wood. Things like this would be carried in their medicine bag....good luck charm as such.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread