So this shows up for my birthday today!

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the four years we've had our farm, I have never found a point in either of our creeks. A few scrapers and a friend found a morrow mountain, but that's it. I wasn't even looking for one today, but look what caught my eye. I ran back to the house to get my phone because this was one in situ picture I didn't want to miss! Not sure what it is, but I certainly do like it! The very bottom of the stem is either snapped or broken very cleanly. I especially like the long flake that goes from the stem almost to the tip!

Attachments

• IMG_3196.JPG
    IMG_3196.JPG
    373.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3194.JPG
    IMG_3194.JPG
    478.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3197.JPG
    IMG_3197.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3200.PNG
    IMG_3200.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3201.PNG
    IMG_3201.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it, love it, love it. My wife found a similar looking point in the side of a creek bank. Very cool, and congratulations on getting another year older ;)

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great point. With the gravel that you have in that creek serving as "artifact catchers", there has to be more waiting for you.....somewhere. Happy birthday!

Last edited:

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome birthday present! Beautiful find and good eye on that one! When I first started finding things in my creek I had this huge urge to thank an entity I felt guided me to the artifacts and call it "Creek Spirit", looks like you have a "Creek Spirit" too! Happy Birthday!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Happy Birthday.... I just started looking in the creeks here on the front range of the Colorado Rocky's, but no luck as of yet. I'm just finding old tires and busted glass so far, but I'll try looking again this Fall when they run once again at a trickle. I'm convinced there's gotta be some artifacts wash in them somewhere.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a really nice one...!!!!!!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy birthday to you..You are rollin. very very nice!

OP
OP
BearCreek

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's an awesome birthday present! Beautiful find and good eye on that one! When I first started finding things in my creek I had this huge urge to thank an entity I felt guided me to the artifacts and call it "Creek Spirit", looks like you have a "Creek Spirit" too! Happy Birthday!
I feel the same way! My daughter's boyfriend wanted to propose to her at our creek that night and I was super busy hanging mason jar lights and all kind of other Pinterest worthy things. I just had an overwhelming urge to walk to this gravel bar where I almost never look and have never found even a flake and there it was. Our whole farm has a very spiritual energy. A few places are particularly strong. We've had several unique encounters with a barred owl, a beautiful, yes beautiful, black vulcher, and a particular coyote. I always say thank you for the little gifts I'm led to.

OP
OP
BearCreek

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
looks very much like a snap based Adena, and a good one.
Thank you! My hunting friend said Adena too! I'm not sure what the material is, but it is really pretty. Has a few little red spots in the material and is translucent around the edges.

OP
OP
BearCreek

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Happy Birthday.... I just started looking in the creeks here on the front range of the Colorado Rocky's, but no luck as of yet. I'm just finding old tires and busted glass so far, but I'll try looking again this Fall when they run once again at a trickle. I'm convinced there's gotta be some artifacts wash in them somewhere.
My friend taught me to look at where the water first hits and in my creek it usually makes a gravel bar there. Sure enough that is where it was. Also just past any trees that have been uprooted and fallen, and where the creek makes a sharp curve. Front range of the Colorado Rocky's sounds like an exciting place to hunt!

OP
OP
BearCreek

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks to everyone for the responses and the birthday wishes!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice and beautiful color. I say it was made that way, not snapped or broken. Happy Birthday, Hiroshima baby!

OP
OP
BearCreek

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice and beautiful color. I say it was made that way, not snapped or broken. Happy Birthday, Hiroshima baby!
. Almost! my birthday is on the 5th. I'm a night owl and usually post very late lol! Thanks for the look and the birthday wishes!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. Almost! my birthday is on the 5th. I'm a night owl and usually post very late lol! Thanks for the look and the birthday wishes!

Oh, sorry. The 5th is my sister's birthday, too. I thought my son might be born on the 50th anniversary of the bombing and, if a girl, was ready to name her Enola Gay (although Mama wasn't too keen on that one). Instead, he was born on the 7th, which turned out to be the 100th anniversary of my maternal grandmother's birth. Even better!

Talk about getting off topic...once again, great find on that arrowhead!

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Bear Creek..........I like the way your mind is programed to pick that point out of the rest of the rubble, less observant people would walk right by. I have hunted points for most of my life, (turned 70) and the only way to describe the process is a kind of scanning that sends feed back to the brain of color,shape and recognition of something that is out of the ordinary with the rest of the back round. Its amazing how well this ability develops but some are more astute than others.
Well done!

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty material, you have a good eye, I can see how someone could have easily missed that in your first pic!:icon_thumleft:

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may not find many but what you do find are great. You need to make you a good sifter and see what you might find...

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can spot them hiding under the gravel like that you are developing a keen eye for them. Its a huge learning experience to be able to look past the gravel to the 2nd or 3rd layer. I see many more finds coming your way, great eye spying on that beauty, rock

OP
OP
BearCreek

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bear Creek..........I like the way your mind is programed to pick that point out of the rest of the rubble, less observant people would walk right by. I have hunted points for most of my life, (turned 70) and the only way to describe the process is a kind of scanning that sends feed back to the brain of color,shape and recognition of something that is out of the ordinary with the rest of the back round. Its amazing how well this ability develops but some are more astute than others.
Well done!
Well thank you very much! That really made my day and boosts my confidence! �� I will say that for me I have found my best finds when I wasn't really trying. It has been when I am among my horses and really open to their energy and way of communicating with me. It's difficult to explain unless you have experienced it, but it's a really powerful connection between your thoughts and listening to them. The other is when I am alone in nature and my thoughts are very quite. Just listening to the woods and feeling the energy of the trees and wind and water. I know. It sounds corny. But, I have a great deal of respect and gratitude for handling something that was made by a person who lived or camped on our land maybe 10,000 years ago. I think there has to be a certain energy that remains and you have to listen and feel it in order to find the area to look for the artifact. Each one is a gift :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions