So this shows up for my birthday today!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: So this shows up for my birthday today!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2016
    Georgia
    Garrett Ace 300
    622 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

So this shows up for my birthday today!

In the four years we've had our farm, I have never found a point in either of our creeks. A few scrapers and a friend found a morrow mountain, but that's it. I wasn't even looking for one today, but look what caught my eye. I ran back to the house to get my phone because this was one in situ picture I didn't want to miss! Not sure what it is, but I certainly do like it! The very bottom of the stem is either snapped or broken very cleanly. I especially like the long flake that goes from the stem almost to the tip!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3196.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	590.3 KB 
ID:	1480017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3194.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	711.4 KB 
ID:	1480018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3197.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	1480019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3200.PNG 
Views:	87 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	1480021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3201.PNG 
Views:	82 
Size:	4.26 MB 
ID:	1480022  

Last edited by BearCreek; Aug 06, 2017 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Additional pictures
    "The forest and I was all there was. In the deep still silence I could feel the Earth's beating heart." Author unknown

ca
    Tall-ass coil sweeper

Dec 2014
    Vancouver Island
    CTX 3030
    484 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Love it, love it, love it. My wife found a similar looking point in the side of a creek bank. Very cool, and congratulations on getting another year older
    BearCreek likes this.

Apr 2014
    896 times
    That's a great point. With the gravel that you have in that creek serving as "artifact catchers", there has to be more waiting for you.....somewhere. Happy birthday!
    Last edited by ptsofnc; Aug 06, 2017 at 06:54 AM.
    BearCreek likes this.

us
    Mar 2013
    Western Piedmont North Carolina
    2817 times
    That's an awesome birthday present! Beautiful find and good eye on that one! When I first started finding things in my creek I had this huge urge to thank an entity I felt guided me to the artifacts and call it "Creek Spirit", looks like you have a "Creek Spirit" too! Happy Birthday!
    BearCreek likes this.

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    19480 times
    Well Happy Birthday.... I just started looking in the creeks here on the front range of the Colorado Rocky's, but no luck as of yet. I'm just finding old tires and busted glass so far, but I'll try looking again this Fall when they run once again at a trickle. I'm convinced there's gotta be some artifacts wash in them somewhere.
    BearCreek and The_Piratess like this.

Feb 2014
    572 times
    Wow that is a really nice one...!!!!!!
    BearCreek likes this.

us
    Joe

Jan 2014
    Virginia
    Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
    2954 times
    Happy birthday to you..You are rollin. very very nice!
    BearCreek likes this.

us
    logger/ sawmill operator

Jun 2016
    KENTUCKY
    whites/ bh /at pro
    1049 times
    Relic Hunting
    looks very much like a snap based Adena, and a good one.
    BearCreek and rock like this.

us
    Apr 2016
    Georgia
    Garrett Ace 300
    622 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPeaches View Post
    That's an awesome birthday present! Beautiful find and good eye on that one! When I first started finding things in my creek I had this huge urge to thank an entity I felt guided me to the artifacts and call it "Creek Spirit", looks like you have a "Creek Spirit" too! Happy Birthday!
    I feel the same way! My daughter's boyfriend wanted to propose to her at our creek that night and I was super busy hanging mason jar lights and all kind of other Pinterest worthy things. I just had an overwhelming urge to walk to this gravel bar where I almost never look and have never found even a flake and there it was. Our whole farm has a very spiritual energy. A few places are particularly strong. We've had several unique encounters with a barred owl, a beautiful, yes beautiful, black vulcher, and a particular coyote. I always say thank you for the little gifts I'm led to.
    NCPeaches and Chris krasnai like this.
    "The forest and I was all there was. In the deep still silence I could feel the Earth's beating heart." Author unknown

us
    Apr 2016
    Georgia
    Garrett Ace 300
    622 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by sawmill man View Post
    looks very much like a snap based Adena, and a good one.
    Thank you! My hunting friend said Adena too! I'm not sure what the material is, but it is really pretty. Has a few little red spots in the material and is translucent around the edges.
    NCPeaches and rock like this.

us
    Apr 2016
    Georgia
    Garrett Ace 300
    622 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    Well Happy Birthday.... I just started looking in the creeks here on the front range of the Colorado Rocky's, but no luck as of yet. I'm just finding old tires and busted glass so far, but I'll try looking again this Fall when they run once again at a trickle. I'm convinced there's gotta be some artifacts wash in them somewhere.
    My friend taught me to look at where the water first hits and in my creek it usually makes a gravel bar there. Sure enough that is where it was. Also just past any trees that have been uprooted and fallen, and where the creek makes a sharp curve. Front range of the Colorado Rocky's sounds like an exciting place to hunt!
    rock likes this.

us
    Apr 2016
    Georgia
    Garrett Ace 300
    622 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks to everyone for the responses and the birthday wishes!

us
    Oct 2010
    Georgia
    Teknetics T2SE
    4806 times
    Very nice and beautiful color. I say it was made that way, not snapped or broken. Happy Birthday, Hiroshima baby!
    BearCreek likes this.

us
    Apr 2016
    Georgia
    Garrett Ace 300
    622 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandchip View Post
    Very nice and beautiful color. I say it was made that way, not snapped or broken. Happy Birthday, Hiroshima baby!
    . Almost! my birthday is on the 5th. I'm a night owl and usually post very late lol! Thanks for the look and the birthday wishes!

us
    Oct 2010
    Georgia
    Teknetics T2SE
    4806 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BearCreek View Post
    . Almost! my birthday is on the 5th. I'm a night owl and usually post very late lol! Thanks for the look and the birthday wishes!
    Oh, sorry. The 5th is my sister's birthday, too. I thought my son might be born on the 50th anniversary of the bombing and, if a girl, was ready to name her Enola Gay (although Mama wasn't too keen on that one). Instead, he was born on the 7th, which turned out to be the 100th anniversary of my maternal grandmother's birth. Even better!

Talk about getting off topic...once again, great find on that arrowhead!
    BearCreek likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links