✅ SOLVED Strange find

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This has to be some kind of gift shop trinket but it was in one of my spots i hunt laying on the ground has anyone seen anything like this? I dont believe it 0812171239a.jpg Is an artifact

Upvote 0

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find rocks like that from time to time...not sure how they are formed exactly sediments and river tumbled I imagine.

I agree, not artifacts, but interesting.

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea, with that finely carved wolf I would have to guess it's a modern trinket. My first thought would be that someone is messin with me, and left that there for me to find.

OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had the same thoughts as far as it having been thrown tl out there to mess with someone.It is a new place for me to hunt really ive only been there a few times.I never thought about finding something. Like that there, imagine if it was real! I aint that lucky though.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, I'd wonder "if someone is messin wth me", or that someone else was hunting there besides you and dropped his lucky rock. I'm pretty sure that I've seen tumbled stones with different animals, deer, bison, mammoth, etc. in the 2nd room (as it's called) at the Collinsville Artifact Show in Illinois.
Judging from the glare from the light on left of the stone, it appears obvious that it is a piece of porphyry that has been machine tumbled and laser etched (?) or something like that.

OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found it close to a river the closest house is maybe a half a mile away. I havent seen any sign of an old houseplace close but people come down there sometimes

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it washed down and also I've heard of crows carrying things and dropping them too. I have a "worry" stone with one of my animal totems carved on it like that. It's pretty cool and I like the color.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are those stones or rocks that folks are putting out for someone to find? I remember it being on the news recently.

Beccarpb

Aug 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks bcarp that is exactly where it came from its identical to one shown on that site. I pretty much knew it wasnt anything more than that, still a little disappointed though.I wish i knew how it came to be there now, but thanks again beccarpb

Beccarpb

Aug 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnmudman you are very welcome, the only way I can think of the totem getting there on purpose is if somebody threw it in the river or placed it on the rivers edge (kind of like throwing their worries away or as an offering, or making a wish or something.) It really depends on what the persons personal meaning/beliefs behind the stone is. Also thank you chub. ��

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe it was placed there by someone who does geocaching. You would be amazed at the thing people hide and where. It's still a neat piece with a fun story :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread