Brass Tinkler

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Could it be a tinkler breastplate??? Is anyone aware of such a thing?

Last edited:

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This makes me want to buy a metal detector.... Pretty amazing, I couldn't imagine

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

mn9000

Oct 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exceptional. Congratulations.

Make sure you don't clean out the tinklers thinking they're filled with dirt, they were often stuffed by hand with different materials. What may look like dirt & debris may actually be something quite different and rare.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Guys,

You should click the link or the banner at the top and leave your comments for the finder. Rege-Pa was nice enough to post the find here, but I don't think he was the finder.

Joshua

OP
OP
R

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Joshua..........I could only dream of such a great find, realizing where it was first posted, I thought others here should see this item and appreciate it`s significance. Artifacts like that peel back the pages and now we have a better idea of just how some of these item were worn.
Mk4125, the finder has just entered the Fur Trade and I`m sure he will make other interesting discoveries!

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joshua..........I could only dream of such a great find, realizing where it was first posted, I thought others here should see this item and appreciate it`s significance. Artifacts like that peel back the pages and now we have a better idea of just how some of these item were worn.
Mk4125, the finder has just entered the Fur Trade and I`m sure he will make other interesting discoveries!

No kidding I was out with the detector on a Shawnee sight yesterday, didn't find much of anything, superb find.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread