Found a exhausted Hardin. I think it would be considered a hardin?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this one last week. never got around to posting it because I let some one borrow my camera. I thought it was a blunt at first , but after a second look it turned out to be a little broken around the tip. it was a breath of fresh air from not finding much. IMG_1321.jpg IMG_1325.JPG IMG_1401.JPG

Upvote 0

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find, I think Joshuaream is correct about the typical distribution area of a Hardin. Like many VA finds, that's a tough one to type. One side of the stem looks almost bi-furcated and the other side looks like a stemmed piece like maybe a Savannah River. Looks like maybe a bi-furcate with a little damage to one of the lobes, that would make it older than a Savannah River, tough call.. H.H.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, I think Joshuaream is correct about the typical distribution area of a Hardin. Like many VA finds, that's a tough one to type. One side of the stem looks almost bi-furcated and the other side looks like a stemmed piece like maybe a Savannah River. Looks like maybe a bi-furcate with a little damage to one of the lobes, that would make it older than a Savannah River, tough call.. H.H.

This guy knows what he is talking about. Nice point find wish I could find 1.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread