Few points

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sundays dig. Got a few nice points, scraper(?) and a white piece that feels like ceramic and is rounded.

1506446219470.jpg 1506446228832.jpg

1506446237804.jpg 1506446245874.jpg

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So do you find the broken ones under ground to? I know I find plenty of brokes above ground. Cant dig here its a long process if you try it.

OP
OP
captain redbeard

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are all dug. I'm digging the slightly higher spots with the blacker soil which is where I'm finding a lot of the flint, animal bones and whatnot. There does seem to be a lot of broken artifacts so I'm not sure if they are scrap piles or stuff just thrown in the fires. Last few digs have only been about 6 inches down, but I have found broken artifacts in the deeper spots too. No farming or modern activity here to my knowledge. I suppose its possible with the shallower artifacts that there was "disturbance" of some kind at a later date :dontknow:.
As far as digging goes you can't touch state land here, but permission on private property is ok which I thought was the case country wide for most part. I also kind of lucked out on the farmer not caring about artifacts.

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you. Sounds like you have a spot where you can find some stuff with no worries.

OP
OP
captain redbeard

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, no worrying for me, but I do respect the hunters even though I have permission to go anytime. Its a big lot of land and I know he has so many people wanting to hunt it during shotgun season that he does a lottery type deal to decide who can hunt for the year. I imagine he has a handful of bowhunter's looking to come out soon. Once they harvest corn and I can get to the oak I was finding pottery around I will be hitting that spot again 8-)

shadrickhunt

Sep 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like finding there fire pits and sifting through it . Usually find a lot of broke artifacts sometimes whole ones. I find a lot of small animal bones also. Believe it or not I have found charcoal down 2 to 3 feet deep the dirt would have greasy animal fat smell to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions