F

Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
Why don't you guys start your own thread called I was this when you were that lol

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What I thought it might be is an anvil stone, where the holes had broken through, followed by a great deal of water wear. I have several anvil stones, some with just single pits, some with multiple pits, and after using for a spell, the hole breaks through, so you end up with a rock that has a semi-circular indentation on one side. But, it would be unusual to see an anvil stone where two holes broke through, even though multiple pitted anvil stones are not themselves unusual.

I have much better examples, but this one was handy, and you may just have to take my word here, but this is a broken anvil stone. Typical flat bottomed. The hole eventually just breaks through and you end up with a non descript rock such as this sandstone slab. This is why when I see indentations like this, I will pick the rock up, and sometimes it's a busted anvil stone. I found a few in the same section of a field, as well as intact examples, evidence that that area was a workshop of sorts....

IMG_8478.JPG

IMG_8479.JPG

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your find is neat one for sure. Almost worth getting an expert to look at it.

You folks are kids. I remember being a freshman in high school when they announced that Kennedy had been shot.

I was in 10th grade Spanish class when the Principal announced over the PA that Kennedy had been shot. Then he dismissed school for the day. By the time the school bus dropped me off near home, JFK was gone. They say everybody remembers exactly where they were when they learned Kennedy had been killed....

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Charl, it was 9th grade English class at a Catholic High School and our Nun who was teaching the class just sobbed as many of the students did.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was in 10th grade Spanish class when the Principal announced over the PA that Kennedy had been shot. Then he dismissed school for the day. By the time the school bus dropped me off near home, JFK was gone. They say everybody remembers exactly where they were when they learned Kennedy had been killed....

...you got that right, i remember where i was, who i was with and what i was doing...even what i was wearing.

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dont know if its an effigy or not but it does look like squirrel to me. I think its a nice find regardless, and i think if an indian found it even if it is natural they might have kept it too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread