Arrowhead display questions

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've put my best finds over the past couple of years in a case but can't seem to keep them in place.... Dont really want to glue them, the case I have now holds them in place with pressure pretty much between the glass and foam. Any suggestions on keeping the smaller ones in place

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Cameronstrause

Jul 14, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I used something called glue dots as a kid for stuff like this. They are little circular dots that vary in size and stick to pretty much anything and they are not too hard to remove.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother uses shelf paper in his trays that have pieces that slide. It comes in several colors and it tacky enough to hold pieces in place.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always just loop a little piece of masking tape and stick it to the back of the point. It has worked well for me for years. Tried double-sided foam tape years ago, but it's way too aggressive and will leave residue in the background fabric.

tape.jpg tape1.jpg

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good question that I needed an answer to also. I've found I've had to put my finds in frames instead of baskets like I have been because of my new destructive kitties adopted this year but didn't want to glue them down, going to try the glue dots and masking tape as suggested.

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of cases do you use, mine has high density foam in them and has enough pressure that I don't have that problem unless I have a really small point close to a thick point.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of cases do you use, mine has high density foam in them and has enough pressure that I don't have that problem unless I have a really small point close to a thick point.

Same here, but that's usually why I have to use tape, albeit not that often. The example I showed is right next to a 5"+ knife which tends to pull a small, thin point adjacent to it out of adequate contact with the foam and glass.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just been displaying mine flat lol! I would like to hang my shadow box on the wall though....I think ill look into the glue dots too, I have some points that are almost paper thin.... Question: will the glue dots come off the points easily, if I wanted to take the glue off?

Last edited:
OP
OP
coosakid

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the good tips..... This is what I got going so far....
f71a4351163433a678ae8850ed94b598.jpg

GoldenEagle09

May 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look up Hatchett Creek Cases they are awesome, uses foam so you don't have to glue anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I picking up a little sarcasm with your Staples directory? Gotta get the lowdown on what works best

No sarcasm, did you click the link?
It's a reusable adhesive putty for hanging posters and such without leaving residue or causing damage. It's good stuff.

OP
OP
coosakid

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sarcasm, did you click the link?
It's a reusable adhesive putty for hanging posters and such without leaving residue or causing damage. It's good stuff.
Yeah I know exactly what your talking about .... Appreciate the advice

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
You can also take some foam, lay your arrowheads on it the way you want, draw around them and cut out the foam enough to where it just sits in it like they do with toolboxes to keep the tools organized. Paint the foam whatever color you want or cover it in some type of material.

Sent from my SM-G925T using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Cameronstrause

Jul 14, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I have just been displaying mine flat lol! I would like to hang my shadow box on the wall though....I think ill look into the glue dots too, I have some points that are almost paper thin.... Question: will the glue dots come off the points easily, if I wanted to take the glue off?

They should peel off relatively easy.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate when that happens. Spend time getting them where you want them and then they slide. I have always just used folded paper towels or thin rags under the foam to make it thicker. Doesn't always work at first for some of the points, gotta mess with it. Just a simple solution that might help.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All foam will depress over time and some foam will turn a ugly yellow. If you go to a artifact show and see somebody selling frames most will have inserts they sell and it comes in many colors. The inserts help keep the points in order for you but tell the person the problem Im sure they will have a good answer and solution

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
I use the cheap kids white Elmers glue. Just a drop will hold most points. That washes off with no problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread