yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks- It's been quite a while. I haven't had much time to look for much of anything over the past 2 years, but I finally did find something (never give up!). I was walking in a foothills area w/ a reservoir and lots of paths and fishing. Used to be a quarry, so you can imagine the amount of rock lying around and washing out and down into the lake/reservoir... and no, I didn't get a shot of the area I found this in, but there was a fantastic sunset that night too (double excellent). The insitu and how it came out. Amazing!

1006171859a.jpg 1003171635.jpg 1003171635a.jpg 1003171636.jpg 1003171637.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks perfect which is a hard task to achieve now days, congrats

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very uniform quartzite point! Good to know that you're still in the land of the living. Nice point, yakker!

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice point, and thanks for the great pictures.

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures and point...still waiting for my first whole quartz point...they're here just can't find a whole one...on my site quartz is rare but shows up occasionally...mjm

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must have been an exciting point to find. It always makes my heart race when you only see part of one sticking out. Great pictures and point!!

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again all ;)
Ya, quartz isn't easy to work- that's for sure! When I find a good one, I'm always really pleased-- and amazed. I don't think Maine has much quartz, but I could be wrong about that. For the 50 years I've been traveling up there, I have never spotted a thing- and not for lack of trying ;)
I'll keep y'all posted if I find more ;)

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beauty! You gave me some suggestions a while back on where/how to look for points in creeks that helped me a lot. Glad to see you back.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any value?

Well you wont get rich on finding points but anybody who has done it knows its more time than money if you are looking for them. Saving history isnt always about the money value of your finds. I see your join date is 2007 a long time member.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you wont get rich on finding points but anybody who has done it knows its more time than money if you are looking for them. Saving history isnt always about the money value of your finds. I see your join date is 2007 a long time member.

Agreed , and for the record no amount of money could make me sell mine. [emoji51]

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any value?

I guess my answer would depend on your notion of 'value'. It is of great value to me- because I found it in a place I never thought I would- here in the land of 'Every-damned-thing-washes-away!'; where there is a strong tendency for vicious floods- where nature is rarely on my side ;)
As to the possibility of money? (chuckling) I suppose if I added up the time it took to find it and time it would take to advertise and ship it, it would be quite a loss. So no. It has a negative dollar value on the open market. Mama will have to wait a while longer for those new shoes ;)

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to have you bak Yak ! That is a nice pretty one, especially for quartz. Looks Susquehanna Broadspearish to me, but I have no idea if they occur where you found it? I hope that many more are there waiting for you to recover.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions