SDC12690.JPG
    683.9 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, if they're "killer", then wouldn't they also be considered as...

.....Dead Broke?

Still, finding a great piece of our history is never a bad thing...:thumbsup:

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll second what NC Peaches said. That piece with the orange-red in it would have been very cool.

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The red and gray point looks like the Manning fused Glass, Garscale finds in Texas. Nice

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds like others said that red and black is amazing , is that flint ? And is that color combo something you have found before it's really neat looking Also is the top hafted hard to tell from pic but almost looks reworked

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You sure did but they’re still pretty! It’s all part of the hunt, the good and the bad.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll 3rd what NC Peaches said. Noteworthy material!

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
Always be thrilled to touch an artifact hued from natural material by a man or woman thousands of years ago. Remember it served a purpose and made life better for them.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Rock, I've had a many a day that I would have been happy to find that much.:icon_thumleft:

I had a couple of quartz ones I forgot to add. I need a frame just for all of the broken bases I have found this year. Has to be a whole one out there in the cotton field left to find. Having a lot of rain this week maybe I can get back out there before the grass grows back in will have to see.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds like others said that red and black is amazing , is that flint ? And is that color combo something you have found before it's really neat looking Also is the top hafted hard to tell from pic but almost looks reworked

I find a variety of colors in that field Im hoping to find another that is whole like it. The base material on it is blue but the patina makes it appear black when dry. I havent found any yellow or green out there but many of the other colors not mentioned. I havent really looked to see if any are scrapers the 1 that might be is the grayish stemmed one might be a scraper but with all of the creek polish on it its hard to tell. As you can see I like both hunt types dry and wet. Its all fun to me cause you just never know what you will find.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gray one in my hand is actually a small Mississippian point and the white one to. But the gray one is fire popped real bad must of been cooked along with the dinner that day. Thanks for looking at my finds maybe next time I will find something whole, rock

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful color on that grey/orange one. I'd be dancing if I found that nice assortment!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful color on that grey/orange one. I'd be dancing if I found that nice assortment!

Thanks Im hoping 1 day I might find more of that material.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread