diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We would take long walks with our dogs. She was lucky to find these and was overextatic when she did. We have found a few over the last 17 years but these are all from earlier in Southern Colorado when we lived there. All inputs welcome, I love learning about them. The bead/ scraper is worn on one side from scraping. One piece of pottery and a piece of metate. Thanks for looking. I sure miss hunting. No time anymore it seems. I sure love the stuff you all post! The crystal pocket one was sure a heartbreaker!! 1106171033-1.jpg 1106171034-1.jpg 1106171034a-1.jpg 1106171035a-1.jpg 1106171036-1.jpg 1106171051_Burst01-1.jpg

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice points nice material

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Some of that Trout Creek Pass jasper in there.

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, is the stuff from trout creek the white or the red? I've been over that pass so many times and always wondered where the location was. You can find a lot of white agate in South Park so I assume it us the white material.

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds thanks for posting , that piece with the small hole in it is really cool does it looked drilled?
I can't tell. It is concave or bowl shaped on each side. I would have no clue how they would do it. There is an obsidian site near where the obsidian has white dots. Maybe they used that material but it is a lot more spotted. 1106171629a-1.jpg

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds and beautiful material. Thanks for sharing with us.

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant this piece ....
View attachment 1513251
But that ones cool too
Thanks Arrow, sorry for the confusion. I was just posting a picture of the obsidian I have found with the white dots. Maybe the bead had a dot or defect that they were able to drill. The bead shows concave marks on each side. It is an interesting piece for sure.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pieces you 2 have found. I have to go by myself most of the owners only want me on their properties and Im not allowed to tell others where I find them at. They are afraid other people will come without permission and thats very likely I have found in my area most of the people lose permission due to others leaving trash. Its a shame cause I would like to have company sometimes.

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently talked to some friends who are now ranch managers. They know all the big ranchers down there, and have access to some incredible places. I am so jealous and have been trying to find time to go hunt with them. I will try to get some pictures of their collections when I get down there. Trash and trespassers is a hard problem to deal with I am sure for big ranches.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, is the stuff from trout creek the white or the red? I've been over that pass so many times and always wondered where the location was. You can find a lot of white agate in South Park so I assume it us the white material.
Red and yellow is what I see around Trout Creek. I've heard of a prehistoric quarry between the pass and Buena Vista but haven't been there to look it over. There's another prehistoric quarry for white quartz material south of Fairplay.

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rginn for the great information. We go down shelf road and phantom canyon, at the end of the canyons, at the little tops of the hills they are full of a pinkish yellowish chert. You can sure tell they were using that material. It is thick in some places. You sure have to fight the cactus to get back in there!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread