rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had permission now for 4 years to walk this field its a site frame. I find some of the best colors in this field in one section only. I dont find many as you can see but when I do find a complete one is well worth the time and energy. I went back yesterday and found nothing worth posting so Im thinking this is it for another year. I might hit it one more time before they plant it next year if it ever gets cold enough to kill the grass. Hope you like all personal finds N GA, rock
My avatar pic is still my favorite one in hand.

Attachments

• SDC12678.JPG
    SDC12678.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 163
  • SDC10197.JPG
    SDC10197.JPG
    704.9 KB · Views: 117
  • SDC10198.JPG
    SDC10198.JPG
    645.7 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must be a great place with pieces like that turning up. I bet you find some nice ones when the ground gets churned up. That is some nice material. I hope you find more like that beauty!

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice frame I like the one in the second row third from left a lot and of coarse the one in your avatar is a killer for sure.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the grey piece at lower right part of a bannerstone?

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rock great finds, unique materials sure made some pretty points. Looks like an old site do you think it's all archaic time period ?

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job, a lot of work and effort went into that frame! Nicely done! Congratulations!!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rock great finds, unique materials sure made some pretty points. Looks like an old site do you think it's all archaic time period ?

Most of the places in that area have archaic and later but I havent found any pottery in that field yet. Across the road a ways there is a Mississippian site with pottery in it.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the grey piece at lower right part of a bannerstone?

Its something drilled just not enough of it to know for sure. I use to think Banner but now Im just am not sure

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice frame I like the one in the second row third from left a lot and of coarse the one in your avatar is a killer for sure.

That one might be a Bakers Creek it is probably the only non archaic point I have found there. Must of been a good hunting site for all periods.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must be a great place with pieces like that turning up. I bet you find some nice ones when the ground gets churned up. That is some nice material. I hope you find more like that beauty!

They turned it last year a bit and I found 3 nice ones this year in it. The rest of the finds this year have been Debitage and brokes. I did find this Anvil this year in the field. They used this divot stones for making points and breaking the stone for such. Notice the crack running through the middle by the divot from the pressure of the blow. It was probably discarded when the crack appeared the other side shows some use wear also.

Attachments

• SDC12680.JPG
    SDC12680.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • SDC12681.JPG
    SDC12681.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Rock! Awesome colors!

Thanks I find a lot of nice colors in the fields in that area but this is the only field with the skunk flint.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They turned it last year a bit and I found 3 nice ones this year in it. The rest of the finds this year have been Debitage and brokes. I did find this Anvil this year in the field. They used this divot stones for making points and breaking the stone for such. Notice the crack running through the middle by the divot from the pressure of the blow. It was probably discarded when the crack appeared the other side shows some use wear also.
You can sure learn a lot from what you find, if you look close. I hope you can get some more keepers from that field. I like the anvil,thanks for posting it!!!!!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can sure learn a lot from what you find, if you look close. I hope you can get some more keepers from that field. I like the anvil,thanks for posting it!!!!!

Glad you like them I know I do but Im lucky if I find 3 each year in that field. There is another field behind it I just found out I can look in but they just pulled the crop which was soybean the worst stuff to look in a field and then the grass is mixing in it. Maybe after hunting season I might give it a look.

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of material is that Rock?? Nice stuff, there's a couple of places I hunt where I find some really nice, and unique Material but never can find anything made out of it

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of material is that Rock?? Nice stuff, there's a couple of places I hunt where I find some really nice, and unique Material but never can find anything made out of it

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

The black and white flint is called skunk flint. I havent found any cobbles of it in my area yet but I do know 30 miles north of me there is a town called Jasper towards the mountains halfway to Tenn that has plenty of it. They have some nice points in that area and lots of skunk flint. Idk if it was traded or not but I do know this is the only area I have found points made from it in the areas I look. Id like to find more but last hunt was just a "skunk" and no good flint. I do get the skunk once in a while, ha ha. Getting cool now so the fields is the place to be and getting rain but not enough to wash leaves away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread