Year-end Review

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a couple of good ones this year but all in all it was a pretty weak year! The creeks haven’t flooded since early summer so every thing has been picked over and now covered by leaves..

The Dalton is awesome but would have liked to have found at least double the amount of points.. How was your year?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1513056388.818618.jpg

Upvote 0

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds!!!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some killers there! Haven't been able to go much this year. This one is it for '17, but I was glad to find it.

pickwick insitu.jpg pickwick.jpg

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great year artifact hunting especially once I decided to start digging + sifting, Found majority of these digging.

most of the better pieces recovered. Roller pestle was found under a rotted log and the big celt was found in a field. The lower right pieces were field finds.
25359839_10159756898540397_137103145_n.jpg

some pottery
25359733_10159756898370397_1958354676_n.jpg

25286978_10159756944615397_637779172_n.jpg

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
I found a couple of good ones this year but all in all it was a pretty weak year!
The Dalton is awesome but would have liked to have found at least double the amount of points.. How was your year?

Nice finds Bob.
I'll take quality over quantity anytime and you found several quality pieces this year.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds .... I was just getting mine together last night to post the years finds as I’m not gonna be making it out again this year I’ll post after work

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great year artifact hunting especially once I decided to start digging + sifting, Found majority of these digging.

most of the better pieces recovered. Roller pestle was found under a rotted log and the big celt was found in a field. The lower right pieces were field finds.
View attachment 1525614

some pottery
View attachment 1525615

View attachment 1525616

Amazing! How do you know where and how to dig? I have tried on multiple occasions to dig without any luck! I’ve tried farm fields where I️ find stuff on the surface, I️ have tried along the banks of creeks where I️ find points and even tried sifting in the creek - which I️ have found One doing that..

It may be that I️ don’t have patience because it doesn’t take long for me to get frustrated and start thinking that it is much easier to surface hunt..

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing! How do you know where and how to dig? I have tried on multiple occasions to dig without any luck! I’ve tried farm fields where I️ find stuff on the surface, I️ have tried along the banks of creeks where I️ find points and even tried sifting in the creek - which I️ have found One doing that..

It may be that I️ don’t have patience because it doesn’t take long for me to get frustrated and start thinking that it is much easier to surface hunt..

I started walking around checking out the knolls and high spots closest to the creek and river. Its on the same property I field walk and the farmer owns hundreds of acres so there is a lot of ground to cover. I started noticing flakes of flint and a lot of pink fire stone exposed around tree roots. From there just started diggin+sifting the areas with the most signs.
Have tried sifting in the fields I walk, but they have been stirred up for over 100 years so the artifacts are just scattered all over at all depths, whereas digging non-field areas, I have found multiple untouched layers of firestone and artifacts in the same 3'x3'x2' hole around 6-8" apart. Digging the non-fielded areas just seems more consistent.

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started walking around checking out the knolls and high spots closest to the creek and river. Its on the same property I field walk and the farmer owns hundreds of acres so there is a lot of ground to cover. I started noticing flakes of flint and a lot of pink fire stone exposed around tree roots. From there just started diggin+sifting the areas with the most signs.
Have tried sifting in the fields I walk, but they have been stirred up for over 100 years so the artifacts are just scattered all over at all depths, whereas digging non-field areas, I have found multiple untouched layers of firestone and artifacts in the same 3'x3'x2' hole around 6-8" apart. Digging the non-fielded areas just seems more consistent.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had some nice finds this year Bob I havent updated my frames real good yet. Think I might get to it this week with all the snow still melting off. Im planning on at least 1 or 2 more hunts before the end of the year. Been slow lately for me to with life stuff and holidays.

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had some nice finds this year Bob I havent updated my frames real good yet. Think I might get to it this week with all the snow still melting off. Im planning on at least 1 or 2 more hunts before the end of the year. Been slow lately for me to with life stuff and holidays.

Please share - would love to see how your year was!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some of you guys had a great year. Mine, not so much. Probably the worst year I have had in 52 years of collecting.

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG2603.jpg I have been fortunate to find a new site over the last year and a half, these are all from that site or near bye, all surface finds.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can add mine here to.

Attachments

• SDC12762.JPG
    SDC12762.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • SDC12759.JPG
    SDC12759.JPG
    967.9 KB · Views: 59

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just got 3 inches of rain yesterday in a short period of time. Im hoping to find something good by 2018

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some sad news to post my favorite creek property that I have over half of my finds from has been sold. I found out who bought it and will contact him for permission but there is no guarantee that I will be able to hunt it again until I ask. Its a land locked creek no public access to it. You have to have permission to be on it. I have 1 section I am allowed on upstream but not lately have I gone there cause its gated. Im hoping to be on the property once again after deer season, hopefully

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread