Christmas Find!

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out looking for some date nails at my grandparents place and found this instead! No nails, though. All the ties my grandpa used appear to be too modern, or they're flipped over in the dirt and I dont want to tear them up just to look for a nail I probably already have. Im not sure if this is something my grandfather found and lost in the yard or if it just washed up with all the rain last summer, but I have found another similar point here a long time ago, that I know my grandfather never saw, which makes me believe this washed up as well. This place isnt far from the river, so I expect there was a village or campsite here.

IMG_0159.JPG IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0157.JPG

Its nice and purple/red, or maroon I guess you would say?

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And in case you're wondering what a date nail is, they're just nails with dates on them that the railroads used to use in their railroad crossties. Heres a few I found a little while ago:

View attachment 1530430

These ones are from the 1920s and 1930s.

Nice collection. When I worked building rail road bridges a guy I met collected those. You did not see them often. I like that point it looks like one that might have been used on an atlatl.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions