Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I know I've been a rare visitor around these parts this year, but that doesn't mean I didn't want to be here. I spent the last couple years, '16 in particular, watching over my very old dad. He passed away this past February. So the times have been complicated to say the least. I'm the only child and only family member (sigh). And probate is downright evil. So, although I didn't get out much, I did take some dedicated down-time to clear my head and just breathe.

So... I have just three things to show for a year+some. The first is a big maybe, but I'm guessing it's an anchor of some sort. Found in a wash-up area where things tend to ground and sit until the next big (BIG) flood. You can tell me what you think. I've got the thickest skin in the world at this point ;)

0319171823.jpg 0319171823a.jpg
I don't think it's an axe because it's way too crude. Could be a hoe? Maybe...

Next up is that dandy little (I don't know the name for it)... white quartz point. I love this one. I dug it out of a mud-pack-- the type that takes some serious abrading to actually erode.

1003171635.jpg 1003171635a.jpg 1003171636.jpg 1003171637.jpg

Finally, I was down in Surry County- and of all the crazy things to find on a shoreline with a freaking gazillion things to catch the eye, I found this poor little point- a devastated woodland, I suspect, but maybe a little older. How I saw it, I really don't know. And, this was just a couple days ago, so what with wind-chill, it was in the teens and single digits. Good golly it was cold. Just to-the-bone cold. (as an aside, I found a decent little mako tooth too!)

1227171531.jpg 1227171044.jpg 1227171532.jpg this is the shore I was searching... yikes! 1229171120.jpg

So, that's it for the year. I wish you all peace and joy in the new year. And may all you all find what you're looking for on your hunts for treasure!

1229171346.jpg

Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds tough call on the first looks like correct material for an axe or hard stone tool maybe they started it and never finished. Can’t tell from the pics can you see pecking on it? that quartz point is cool maybe a Brewerton and the other finds nice as well. Looks like the tide was a low down your way too. Past few weeks it’s been super low on the Chester I went out a few weekends ago and high tide never happened only kept getting lower I had to get out and pull my boat the last few hundred yards back to dock.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Yakker. Sorry about your father. We all have years when other things take priority. Been there done that. Hope you have a good New Year and come home with pockets full of treasure.

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey you! Nice to see you ;) Yup the tide was way low. I remember turtle-paddling along the Chester at low tide, ugh.
Happy New Year to you!

Hi all,
I know I've been a rare visitor around these parts this year, but that doesn't mean I didn't want to be here. I spent the last couple years, '16 in particular, watching over my very old dad. He passed away this past February. So the times have been complicated to say the least. I'm the only child and only family member (sigh). And probate is downright evil. So, although I didn't get out much, I did take some dedicated down-time to clear my head and just breathe.

So... I have just three things to show for a year+some. The first is a big maybe, but I'm guessing it's an anchor of some sort. Found in a wash-up area where things tend to ground and sit until the next big (BIG) flood. You can tell me what you think. I've got the thickest skin in the world at this point ;)

View attachment 1532322 View attachment 1532323
I don't think it's an axe because it's way too crude. Could be a hoe? Maybe...

Next up is that dandy little (I don't know the name for it)... white quartz point. I love this one. I dug it out of a mud-pack-- the type that takes some serious abrading to actually erode.

View attachment 1532324 View attachment 1532325 View attachment 1532326 View attachment 1532327

Finally, I was down in Surry County- and of all the crazy things to find on a shoreline with a freaking gazillion things to catch the eye, I found this poor little point- a devastated woodland, I suspect, but maybe a little older. How I saw it, I really don't know. And, this was just a couple days ago, so what with wind-chill, it was in the teens and single digits. Good golly it was cold. Just to-the-bone cold. (as an aside, I found a decent little mako tooth too!)

View attachment 1532328 View attachment 1532334 View attachment 1532329 this is the shore I was searching... yikes! View attachment 1532333

So, that's it for the year. I wish you all peace and joy in the new year. And may all you all find what you're looking for on your hunts for treasure!

View attachment 1532335

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tn. I appreciate that. Happy Hunting my friend.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your daddy, man. At least you've got your Tnet family for what it's worth. I hope things look up for you as time progresses. Thanks for sharing those finds with us.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yakker, Those sure are some nice points and sharks teeth. The other is something that I would have picked up and brought home too. Hard to say what it is or was meant to be. I hope this year is a vast improvement.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you said Surry County, I thought "that's close to me" (there is a Surry county in NC). But then you showed the shark's tooth and I looked to see and find out there's a Surry in VA too. Sorry about your father. I'm at the age where more important priorities are starting to take more of my time too. Good luck out there!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my ex wife was a hoe - looks nothing like her:tongue3:
nice finds :icon_thumleft:

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's good to see you yakker and so so sorry about your Dad, and yes you are right about probate, it is a terrible process. All of your finds are super and I really love the quartz point, well actually all of them are awesome! The last pic is really cool too!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you are out looking. You got some nice finds

jamus peek

May 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice net weight in my opinion. I hope you have a great year and sorry to hear about your dad.

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey- I just wanted to thank everyone for your comments and kind words. And so that's a true net weight?! Wow! Hooray! This will be a good year. I'm sure of it. Headed out to the Potomac next week, as the weather's supposed to be warmer. I'll report on my finds when I return. Cheers- and happy hunting!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry about the passing of your Dad. It’s great you got out to find some very nice finds.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the weight it has a very nice shape to it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread