rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well they disced my favorite field and although the dirt isnt compressed all the way yet to reveal all of the treasures I didnt do to bad. Found my 1st point of the 2018 year but Im putting it in the site frame. I believe its a Morrow Mountain round base. Found plenty of debitage and broken pieces which I dont have any that match them so I know there are others yet to find. Found some worked flint and 1 preform which would of been a nice point if it hadnt of been for the inclusion in it and 1 nice scraper. I spent 3 hours in the brutally cold wind high of 34 without the wind and then called it a day. My ears and neck were without feeling. I have what I call a "Barney Hat" its fur lined and has a strap that goes under my neck think next time I will look stupid but at least I will be warm.
On the flat rock it was out of place I dont see any work on it but Im sure it was used for something but not a lot.
HH, rock

Attachments

• SDC12795.JPG
    SDC12795.JPG
    755.2 KB · Views: 99
  • SDC12798.JPG
    SDC12798.JPG
    807.6 KB · Views: 125
  • SDC12792.JPG
    SDC12792.JPG
    734.1 KB · Views: 93
  • SDC12790.JPG
    SDC12790.JPG
    724.4 KB · Views: 97
  • SDC12788.JPG
    SDC12788.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • SDC12786.JPG
    SDC12786.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Good job rock!
Way to start out the year!

A3B13FEB-C8A3-449F-948C-2F82DEDEFDBB.jpeg
I wish you you could really experience brutally cold. Check out this reading I had the other morning.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that Morrow Mtn, it's a beauty! Pic #4 is interesting and beautiful too. All awesome finds! quito's -28 I can't even imagine, it's 6 degrees here right now and I'm hoping the 2 lights on the well pump will keep it from freezing geez! So done with the arctic front here in the South!

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 6:00am this morning, my thermometer said 0!

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds Rock. I bet you are correct about the flat stone being used, like you said you can tell when something is out of place, if you do this long enough I think your instincts are ussually right as to whether something is an artifact or has been used.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds good way to start the new year I love the multi color materials that you come across. My hunting is done for a bit ..... all the rivers are frozen and too much ice to search beaches

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds good way to start the new year I love the multi color materials that you come across. My hunting is done for a bit ..... all the rivers are frozen and too much ice to search beaches

The creeks here were frozen so I walked a field

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Rock. I bet you are correct about the flat stone being used, like you said you can tell when something is out of place, if you do this long enough I think your instincts are ussually right as to whether something is an artifact or has been used.

Its the only flat rock I have found in that field for 4 years. Thanks

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that Morrow Mtn, it's a beauty! Pic #4 is interesting and beautiful too. All awesome finds! quito's -28 I can't even imagine, it's 6 degrees here right now and I'm hoping the 2 lights on the well pump will keep it from freezing geez! So done with the arctic front here in the South!

Think i made a mistake probably going to be a Montgomery on the point. They look a lot like MM and sometimes hard to tell the difference.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job rock!
Way to start out the year!

View attachment 1534481
I wish you you could really experience brutally cold. Check out this reading I had the other morning.

If I moved to South Dakota I would expect it but Georgia isnt pose to be this cold. Got a record snow fall already 10 inches a month ago.

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got your pics to load.... I like the material you find there. Pretty nice finds maybe you'll find a sure enough good one after a couple of rains

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got your pics to load.... I like the material you find there. Pretty nice finds maybe you'll find a sure enough good one after a couple of rains
Just got some rain in the past couple of days but also got warm. Going back to cold Saturday so maybe I can get back out there after it dries a bit. One of the rules is I cant walk on the fields till they are dry. Ive never asked why Im just glad Im allowed to walk them. Thanks

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks