1 st hunt

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
First hunt of the year. Posted a photo of the point I found before I recovered it. I found the brown point with the ears and the large center shown in the last photo. I would think the center was from a spear point. It is one of the larger ones that I have found. My buddy found the grey point. I also found three manos which I recovered and a very large metate which I left because of its size. Also left a pile of pottery shards lay for someone else..

Interested on what others think the brown point is.

Attachments

• K800_IMG_0572.JPG
    K800_IMG_0572.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 87
  • K800_IMG_0576.JPG
    K800_IMG_0576.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 106
  • K800_IMG_0580.JPG
    K800_IMG_0580.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Those are nice. Wish we had them that pretty around here. And some land to look on which isn't no till.

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'd say you found the best looking ones so far this year ...

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jan. 8th, and you have "year making" finds! Beauties!

OP
OP
J

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Thanks for the replies. I am thinking the brown one maybe a Pedernales type point or as some may say a "perd". I was about as excited to find the center piece. I looked hard for the tip and base of that blade. Forgot to mention that the white flat rock the two points are sitting on was a chunk of an abrader or grinder. I will agree it was a good first hunt.

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking pieces. That "perd" is a dandy,nice material. How big are they? Excellent start for the new year!

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First hunt of the year. Posted a photo of the point I found before I recovered it. I found the brown point with the ears and the large center shown in the last photo. I would think the center was from a spear point. It is one of the larger ones that I have found. My buddy found the grey point. I also found three manos which I recovered and a very large metate which I left because of its size. Also left a pile of pottery shards lay for someone else..

Those are some great points, there! What state are you in?

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What do you mean for someone else? Are there others around that go there or something?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you mean for someone else? Are there others around that go there or something?

I leave mine to I dont know if someone else might find them

OP
OP
J

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Old Pueblo: I am sure there are others hiking the area. I have so much pottery that I do not need anymore. I have given a lot of it away in the past. Just like the one side mano's , I rarely pick them up anymore.

When I wrote that I left a pile of pottery for someone else didn't mean I gathered it up and left it in a pile, lol. I just didn't bother picking it up and there was a lot of it in the area.

Last edited:

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds, way to go!

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Pueblo: I am sure there are others hiking the area. I have so much pottery that I do not need anymore. I have given a lot of it away in the past. Just like the one side mano's , I rarely pick them up anymore.

When I wrote that I left a pile of pottery for someone else didn't mean I gathered it up and left it in a pile, lol. I just didn't bother picking it up and there was a lot of it in the area.

I see. Are you in Arizona? Looks like some Arizona points.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Jon. I am dying to get out. Building a new water sifter and know just where to use it. Have left those mortars as we call them to pick up later then discover them to be gone. Live and learn I guess :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread