Native American hand tools/ artifacts or just cool rocks?

Rockchaser

Greenie
Jan 9, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy, I’m new member on this site, but long time lurker I love archeology, history, artifacts and apparently rocks ;-) EDF7A658-9B06-4A0B-B4C5-7FE4159F1326.jpeg 81D11091-CAD1-43EB-8991-48A399AF55DD.jpeg 1FDD59F5-6622-46EF-B95B-AC7854AD360E.jpeg

I am hoping you can help me prove to my husband and kids that these rocks are actual artifacts and not just random rocks. They usually make fun of me when I proudly pull them out to show people. “ Sure mom, those are ancient Native American artifacts that just happen to be laying around on the beach and out of all the rocks on the beach you spotted them” They say. Lol.
I’ve picked up these rocks over the years mostly on the beaches in Cape Cod where we usually take our family vacations. I’ve compared them to finds other people have posted and some do resemble hand tools but I’m not sure about the some of the others.

Do I have anything of interest here?

Thank you so much for your help!

Upvote 0

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there! A little late to the party, but I think that maybe you have a fossilized bone - those last 3 pics you posted. And that's very cool ;) I just spent some dedicated time on a couple different shores here in my state looking for fossils- and you may have some sort of bone there. Are all 3 pics the same piece? Maybe not what you were looking for, but.... What state are you in? Don't give up hope! And welcome ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread