2018 Begins Well

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Southeastern U.S. (Georgia)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been waiting on cooler weather, and finally some rain allowed for a little erosion and softer dirt. I was poking around about 12" in the dirt and heard the familiar strike of stone on metal.
Found 7 or 8 intact tools/knives/points and around 12-14 broken of the same.
These two aren't related, but were about 6" away from each other. Very fortunate to begin this year with a great find.
Any guesses as to type? South Georgia, a few miles above Fort Gaines.

IMG_2879.PNG

IMG_2880.PNG

IMG_2881.PNG

Upvote 0

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn.... You find some pretty​ big points..... Very cool and unique

OP
OP
G

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn.... You find some pretty​ big points..... Very cool and unique

I count my blessings every time I get to go out there. In the 40-odd previous years I've been hunting, I found one point that was 5" long out of thousands. Now I've found a few longer than that, so I'm looking at it as some payback for hours spent. That, and an extreme amount of luck; anybody could've stumbled upon the site.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I count my blessings every time I get to go out there. In the 40-odd previous years I've been hunting, I found one point that was 5" long out of thousands. Now I've found a few longer than that, so I'm looking at it as some payback for hours spent. That, and an extreme amount of luck; anybody could've stumbled upon the site.

I wonder how many of the points everybody finds started out as long as that one and are reworked multiple times after breaking.

OP
OP
G

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many of the points everybody finds started out as long as that one and are reworked multiple times after breaking.
I ask myself that every time I find a broken point. The chance of this particular blade being broken is very high. When I hit it with my rake it could have easily shattered. We've probably pulled over 500 whole and broken items from this particular spot. One day I'd like to sit down and see what matches up.

OP
OP
G

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That's a super nice one! No telling what else is out there and can't wait to see them when you find them.
Thanks for noticing, I'm pretty excited about it. Of course, I also get excited about any artifact. I'll post them as I find them, and I'm glad the hot weather is over so I can get back to hunting again.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a Rayholite but it could be the patina on it. You are rite Etley is to far might be a Bolen Plain and if so its worth some big $ due to the size of it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread