Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats different

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One of them have been on my bucket list. of all the shoe boxes and butter bowls of points i own. i want a copper if its my last one.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good read. I didn't know the Alaskan natives used coppery points back then. That looks like an amazing find, too. The insitu photos are amazing, as well.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good read. I didn't know the Alaskan natives used coppery points back then. That looks like an amazing find, too. The insitu photos are amazing, as well.
Yeah I do wonder where the source of that copper point came from? I can only think it was made from native copper, as I've never herd of any indigenous North Americans refine copper from ores. The workmanship on that point is pretty astonishing to me.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I do wonder where the source of that copper point came from? I can only think it was made from native copper, as I've never herd of any indigenous North Americans refine copper from ores. The workmanship on that point is pretty astonishing to me.

Yes, its kind of buried at the bottom there, I think is where it was. It says it was made from a placer nugget of copper from a creek in the southwestern part of the Yukon, and is about 1000 years old. And judging by the looks of it, whoever made that thing made more of them, because he was an expert craftsman.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, its kind of buried at the bottom there, I think is where it was. It says it was made from a placer nugget of copper from a creek in the southwestern part of the Yukon, and is about 1000 years old. And judging by the looks of it, whoever made that thing made more of them, because he was an expert craftsman.
Oh, guess I didn't read the full story. I was thinking this would have sure come a long way if it was from like a place the native copper of upper Michigan is found. Gosh you would think there'd be some more artifacts such as this one out in the area this one was found, but it sounds like you'd need a helicopter to look for anymore.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread