Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Oklahoma bound!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2014
    Santa Cruz, CA
    325 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Oklahoma bound!

Hello All!
    It's been a bit but it's also been busy...I'm am heading to Oklahoma City and more specifically Edmond, to visit family. I'm hoping to get a few hours in...however, I don't really know what the regulations are. Are parks ok for the casual walker/looker? Unsafe areas? I won't be digging and I won't be able to get permissions in such a short period but I figure there has to be some area where a man can stretch his legs...I'm also a bit of mushroom hunter and have found morels there before. Seems a bit early for those, is it too cold for any mushroom activity?
    Thanks for any and all information...I appreciate it!

us
    I collect Artifacts and Vintage Collectibles and Rocks.

Aug 2012
    South
    Coin Finder
    8228 times
    Look up the rules for the state, thats what I would do.
    CHUDs likes this.
    Personal finds were on private property which I have permission to hunt.
    Best bug repellent I have ever used bugband.net check it out.

May 2014
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUDs View Post
    Hello All!
    It's been a bit but it's also been busy...I'm am heading to Oklahoma City and more specifically Edmond, to visit family. I'm hoping to get a few hours in...however, I don't really know what the regulations are. Are parks ok for the casual walker/looker? Unsafe areas? I won't be digging and I won't be able to get permissions in such a short period but I figure there has to be some area where a man can stretch his legs...I'm also a bit of mushroom hunter and have found morels there before. Seems a bit early for those, is it too cold for any mushroom activity?
    Thanks for any and all information...I appreciate it!
    Good luck Chud. I'd look up if the state allows creek hunting on public land. Some states do I believe.

us
    Feb 2014
    Santa Cruz, CA
    325 times
    It seems that Iím going to have to find some private land...Iím working on it through some of my sisters friends. We will see.
    rock likes this.

us
    Feb 2010
    858 times
    Most important thing to remember Chud is you can't buy cold 5% beer in Okie. Good luck.
    CHUDs and IAMZIM like this.

us
    Feb 2014
    Santa Cruz, CA
    325 times
    Found that out tonight uglymailman!

us
    Feb 2010
    858 times
    Well, you can pay bar prices at a private club and walk out, or do like I did when I worked there. Luckily it was winter so we'd tarp strap the beer to the bumper of the truck and drive 3 miles, turn around and when we got back to motel, cold beer! Good luck.
    CHUDs, rock and Joe-Dirt like this.

us
    Ol'Roy

Feb 2011
    gainesville, tx
    Garret 250
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymailman View Post
    Most important thing to remember Chud is you can't buy cold 5% beer in Okie. Good luck.
    the rules are due to change!!!

us
    Jason

Apr 2011
    Butte City, Montana
    ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
    1644 times
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymailman View Post
    Seems like VITAL information!!!

us
    Feb 2014
    Santa Cruz, CA
    325 times
    Okay OK...I didnít get any time to get out...Iím here to visit family and meet a new nephew. I did however, get on Craigslist and get out to a couple of Antique shops. The shops had a bunch of legit items, modern reproductions and even a Grey ghost, I think. I picked up a grayish point for a few dollars. The interesting part came with the craigslist ad. I communicated with the collector and agreed to come look at the collection. I drove out of the city and went to the address. The place was a bit trashed but no biggie. I go in introduce myself, blah, blah, blah. We go to his room and he closes the door behind me, interesting. Iím kind of a big guy and can take care of myself. Iím not worried. We start to look at the collection, lots of brokes, flakes and some definite geofacts. He says heíll give me a good deal if I spend a lot of money. I tell him Iím not a rich man and am just interested in a couple of pieces for my collection. Obviously Iíd prefer to hunt for them on my own but given the circumstances this would do. I honestly donít see a lot that I want and some pieces heíd even painted and glued to photos as art. Heís trying to push the big point on me, which Iím not overly confident on. I pick out a smaller one and he tells me heís got another one that fell behind his bed. Well, he pulls out a .38 and puts on the table. Not threateningly but obviously this isnít part of a normal transaction. Iíve had pieces pulled on me before and just laughed and said I didnít want the gun. Needless to say I handed him the $50 I brought and grabbed the 2 points. He shook my hand and I split. Iím sure the small one is legit, heíd said he found it in Eufala (?). The big one has some dirt in some cracks but, I donít know. At the least, Iíve got a story and a point to stick in into the steps pointing north when we remodel. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518413750.867109.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	956.0 KB 
ID:	1549577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518413767.967960.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	937.2 KB 
ID:	1549578
    rock and RGINN like this.

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Minelab X-Terra70/White's 5900 Di Pro SL/Garrett ACE 250/Fisher M-Scope 1280-X/B.H. Pioneer 505
    892 times
    The points look good...for this area...
    CHUDs likes this.

us
    May 2014
    Eastern Shore Maryland
    1748 times
    Well thatís a few points you will definitely remember how you got them. Maybe the guy sells something else out of his house too lol
    rock, Joe-Dirt and CHUDs like this.
    I would rather see an authentic broken scraper posted than a G-10 Artifake!

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    4788 times
    Wouldn't have taken that chance with a craigslist ad......bunch of hokie down here with that site.....Glad you did get something
    CHUDs likes this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

us
    Feb 2014
    Santa Cruz, CA
    325 times
    I donít use Craigslist much and itís probably going to stay that way!

us
    I collect Artifacts and Vintage Collectibles and Rocks.

Aug 2012
    South
    Coin Finder
    8228 times
    I never go inside to look at collections if Im buying. Either they come outside or I dont buy and Im a big guy to but bullets will stop anyone. Glad you made it through that transaction. I usually buy from antique stores or pawn shops so I can get a receipt and of course the lighting is better to get a good look at them.
    CHUDs likes this.
    Personal finds were on private property which I have permission to hunt.
    Best bug repellent I have ever used bugband.net check it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links