Polished Quartz stone found near arrowhead, new or old?

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this last summer, a polished quartz stone almost not even a foot away from where I found a arrowhead I'm not sure if it is newer or associated with native americans, I took it to a gemologist and they said it was polished. DSCN6888.JPG DSCN6889.JPG DSCN6890.JPG DSCN6891.JPG DSCN6893.JPG

Upvote 0

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may have been a simple game piece or token or maybe even used in the making of pottery, since its polished.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Steve said, can't say for sure, but I'd definitely take it home. Very nice find.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I have not found anything remotely like that. I agree its a keeper.

What area are you in? Besides being polished what else did the gemologist say? Was the stone cut prior to polish?

Since many early historic settlers camped and built homes in the same area as native american, it is more likely historic.

OP
OP
U
Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Pennsylvania, no the gemologist just said it was polished and was quartz.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were close to the coast I would guess it was maybe a jewelry bead of some kind. Iv'e heard the Indians used to trade beads, shells and polished stones but I have no idea what they did in Pennsylvanian. Very cool stone. it would make a great necklace stone.

OP
OP
U
Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Field on a hill was literally right in the area where I found 3 arrowheads not even a foot away from them

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Lol, hey quarter miler, it was the first sentence of his post.

His first sentence states he found it last summer, he also posted this same piece as an ID thread request last summer, matter of fact, I think with the exact same images.

You're one of the few who get the "1320"....well done Sir!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread