Is this Native American pottery?

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or is it asbestos siding, lol. I found it in my local creek. I recall finding something like this before but I was told by someone it was asbestos siding. Not sure if there is an easy way to tell...

Thanks all.

BrettCo ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518129503.240609.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518129521.563055.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518129536.727036.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518129555.982574.jpg

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks flat pottery is round

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the trash it goes.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
It looks similar, but I don’t think so.

But there are better pottery experts here than me that’s for sure!

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look like pottery to me either but I would've picked it up thinking it was too. I've seen that in my creek also. At least your eye is picking it out and it looks pretty close to pottery.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks a little too thin and perfect for NA pottery. But I would have picked it up too.

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I’m getting better at this. I’m working hard to get access to fields now. I hope to one day show better pics than just asbestos tiles lol

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I’m getting better at this. I’m working hard to get access to fields now. I hope to one day show better pics than just asbestos tiles lol

Best time of the year to get permission while the cover crops are in. The farmers and land owners are all happy with the crops being harvested and everyone has some money. I was hoping to knock on some doors this week while temps are a little warmer but the rain just keeps coming.

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best time of the year to get permission while the cover crops are in. The farmers and land owners are all happy with the crops being harvested and everyone has some money. I was hoping to knock on some doors this week while temps are a little warmer but the rain just keeps coming.

That’s great to know. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed. Now, can it be any field? Or does it have to be along the edge of a water source? What if the field I get permission on has a creek a mile away?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread