Got off the couch today

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Since Iā€™ve been running my mouth lately, thought Iā€™d share with the community that Iā€™m an honest enthusiast. Iā€™ve held off on exploring this one due to the shear enormity of it, itā€™s a monster, intimidating to say the least. This one has been hit hard in the past so the approach has to be thought out to avoid the over burden. Today was day one, many more to come for sure. I salute the diggers out there, the method takes itā€™s toll on the body however, the result is oftentimes rewarding.

Attachments

• 4C94DEBE-240D-47DF-AED3-55A9A278CB9A.jpeg
    4C94DEBE-240D-47DF-AED3-55A9A278CB9A.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 165
Upvote 0
OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Was it dug a long time ago and did they push all the dirt over the edge? If anyone can clean it out you can. You are already showing what they missed. Have fun they are a lot of work but some of the funnest hunting I have ever had.

It was dug a long time ago and the sift piles are inside. Most of the digging appears to have been done against the back, sifted in the center. The dirt under the sift piles is virgin.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is like powder in those piles. When you hit big roots keep digging, lol. I take a probe to see what was dug and what was missed.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that Carter Cave found a broke corner notch made out of it last week up here I find it up this way.

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that thing is HUGE!!! Awesome to see you at it again. :) i will have to keep checking this site now because i love your finds man. Its like christmas to me when you start digging do to my anticipation what you will find next

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread