After the rain pottery

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Western NC got a lot of rain last night and the creek is muddy, high in some spots and running fast but my son and I got out and poked around some of the sand/pebble bar spots just to see if there was anything washed up. Will be back out next weekend to see what else washed up and hopefully a point will be hanging out for finding :laughing7: But in the meantime I love pottery and wasn't unhappy to at least find this nice thick one and it's about 3" long. Here is the insitu: WP_20180211_003.jpg WP_20180211_006.jpg

Looking downstream from where it was: WP_20180211_004.jpg

Looking upstream: WP_20180211_005.jpg

Thanks for the look! HH

Upvote 0

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice piece of pottery. You have gravel bars in that creek. There has to be points too. Good luck.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried digging the sand bars near the bends in the creek ? There’s a few videos on YouTube of people digging and sifting and have pretty good luck some of the points are a few feet down

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried digging the sand bars near the bends in the creek ? There’s a few videos on YouTube of people digging and sifting and have pretty good luck some of the points are a few feet down

Yes I do that and have found quite a few nice things. The Palmer in my avatar was in a sandbar that had a lot of very small pebbles in it and I was raking it with a small hand leaf rake and letting the water rinse it, almost lost the Palmer but was very quick lol I've found some larger points digging under the bank and pulling up larger rocks and also found a large soapstone bowl piece like that too. A few have been sitting on top of rocks after a day like today. The creek is long and takes me a while to work through it after flash flooding and I normally find stuff after one. Today I really didn't expect to find anything and was lucky to find the pottery shard.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that is one nice looking creek. A creek with pottery is pretty cool. Have you ever found the site? The creek over time could have moved right through the middle of it. Good to see ya finding things in high water.
HH

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that is one nice looking creek. A creek with pottery is pretty cool. Have you ever found the site? The creek over time could have moved right through the middle of it. Good to see ya finding things in high water.
HH

No the site remains elusive but the creek always gives pottery after a flash flooding rain so hoping to find even more when the water goes down.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Peaches like you said hopefully something else will be waiting on you on your next trip. No hunting for me for a while with all the rain here. Must of gotten 10-12 inches already and every inch equals a foot of water in my area. They say rain for another week here. It will be fun when it goes down though, rock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread