DSCN8846.JPG DSCN8847.JPG DSCN8848.JPG

Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard for me to tell on the painted pieces. Are the orange ones dull when dry? Have you seen similar in Native American displays in your area? The reason I asked that is according to the archeologist from the dig here the painted pieces are associated with the Spaniards who came thru here in the 1600's I believe. I've found a few painted pieces. Sometimes I think the orange ones if solid inside and out orange are parts of discarded Terracotta pots but if light in color on the inside layer might be NA. I always keep them just in case I get a chance to question the archeologist.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The white piece looks like it might be part of a colonial pipe bowl. If the other piece is east coast, I would say not native made.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Items that were picked up in unknown areas, no provenance, no association with known ndn artifacts, just pics, best you can hope for is probably historic ceramics.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Items that were picked up in unknown areas, no provenance, no association with known ndn artifacts, just pics, best you can hope for is probably historic ceramics.

RGINN is right a location where they were found is always helpful for ID and if there were other artifacts found where these were. I personally think the orange pieces are part of a flower pot since I find them along with the NA pottery and broken glass in my creek. The white would be the one I would ask a local archie about.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crockery would be my guess

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go along with Rock the orange is crock ware and like it was said on the white piece it could be a broken tavern pipe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread