new spot!!!!!

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i have walked this field for only moments before, but today i decided to take on the 8 foot corn at this spot. i ended up looking right beside the road and found tons of flakes, i usually dont take flakes but i decided to take a few to show you the diff. flints in the field. i also found 3 broken points. there were flakes everywhere i cant wait till they plow.
uj.jpg

Upvote 0

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
trevmma said:
well i have walked this field for only moments before, but today i decided to take on the 8 foot corn at this spot. i ended up looking right beside the road and found tons of flakes, i usually dont take flakes but i decided to take a few to show you the diff. flints in the field. i also found 3 broken points. there were flakes everywhere i cant wait till they plow.
uj.jpg
Tall corn is murder! Looks like you have a good field to hunt. Can.t wait to see what comes out of there. Good luck Jeff

P

pickaway

Looks like a good site.I to went to a field today withn walking distance of home and found a handfull of flintridge flakes got my heart pumping but like ohioriverhunter said corn is murder and them big ass yellow and black spiders were friggn everywhere.i didnt find anything but ill be back...

OP
OP
trevmma

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont remind me the other day i had one of them puppies on my neck. i just hate it when they feel like they cut my eye. that sucks. now that the deer have trampled through you have to watch for spiders, leaves, and tripping over the broken stalks, it gets agravating. i just started arrowhead hunbting this year, but do they plow after they cut down the corn.

P

pickaway

Good news trevma the spider is called a banded garden spider however they do bite.This time of the year there most active.I must of seen 30 of em yesterday slowed me down keeping an eye out.

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Trev, some farmers turn their crops fields in the Fall still, but a lot don't anymore, for topsoil erosion reasons, I think. ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread