i want to see some arrowhead pics of your finds

OP
OP
Cannonman17

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Trevmma- There they are! Right behind me on the wall... ;D I have a lot of them tucked away right now, house is for sale and things like that were the first to get packed by my wife.. ::) I'll take them out and grab a pic of them when I find them.

Bean, Thanks man.

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool thanks.

P

patina

Awesome bowls, It amazes me that all pieces where found to make them complete. The pottery I find is always small pieces & almost impossible to reconstruct. Cannon do you think it is the frost that breaks them up?. Cool..Patina

OP
OP
Cannonman17

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Patina- yeah, the frost sure does do some damage but I've found tiny roots to be more evil... they really get in there and grow into the pottery breaking it apart as they go. Frost, roots, and soil moisture all take their toll.. not to mention that most of the pottery we find in Wisconsin was low temperature firings... they just don't hold up like some of the later types you find down south and the higher quality stuff from the south west. you'll have to stop by one of these days my friend, take a look at my pottery in person!!

badandy- yeah, the second bowl is without a doubt my favorite to- I wouldn't be able to part with either one though! ;D

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Awesome finds Cannon! I wouldn't be able to part with them myself. They're not quite as good as what you put together, but I'd have had to have them myself. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
Cannonman17 said:
Here's two huge bowls that I got one heck of a deal on! One of the two has two mending holes, both are put together very nicely and both are huge! I'm so happy with them that I had to share.
Super nice!! Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread