rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got permission to the property across the street from another up in the mountainous section which is 25 miles away from me. I sent the new owner a text last night for permission to walk it today. When I got there I sent another to let them know I was there. I walked down to where she told me to enter the creek and was walking in mud and the water was pretty deep in spots with beaver dams. I kept having to go back up on the bank to go around them dams and the mud stunk. I was thinking idk about this it isnt the type of creek I like cause there wasnt much gravel. I kept following the creek and I looked up and it was a creek hunters dream come true. Gravel bars for as far as I could see. Just as soon as I stepped on the 1st bar my phone text went off. I looked and it was the owner and the text said. I have been out of town and today wouldnt be a good day for you to walk ???. I texted back Im already here but will leave :( so I left. The whole time walking back I was thinking what a paradise but I took off anyway.
I went across the street where I have permission to 500 acres and have found a few things in the past. The owner said he likes people to walk out there cause it scares the bears and mountain lions away. Well I have heard mountain lions but havent seen any yet (thank goodness). I do carry a pistol which might scare a big cat and hopefully a bear away. I was almost a mile away from the road and found a couple of things when I had to cut up the bank to go around a blockage. They have a place where they camp out there and as I walked past it I saw some huge scratches on the poles. The highest was my height which I am 6-7 and I was looking at the scratches and all of a sudden knew it was a bear that had sharpened its nails. Needless to say it was time to go and I took off in a fast walk looking over my shoulder the whole way back. I did see a Copperhead and he went his way and I went the other. No bears or lions though and am glad of that. The quartz pieces I found in that creek but these finds are from 3-4 hunts in the past couple of weeks. Nothing super yet but you can always hope. Maybe if I can get back to the new spot I will find some good ones, rock

Attachments

• SDC13073.JPG
    SDC13073.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
  • SDC13076.JPG
    SDC13076.JPG
    749 KB · Views: 106
  • SDC13078.JPG
    SDC13078.JPG
    792.7 KB · Views: 68
  • SDC13084.JPG
    SDC13084.JPG
    697.1 KB · Views: 83
  • SDC13079.JPG
    SDC13079.JPG
    971.8 KB · Views: 82
  • SDC13080.JPG
    SDC13080.JPG
    748.5 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010
Good choice staying in contact and being respectful on the new place. We did that and gained access to some great hunting when a farmer bought some new property and let it to two of us exclusively, because he trusted us. It has turned out to be great for us, just treating them how we would want to be treated.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice material there hopefully the new spot is a good one , good luck [emoji106]

I havent made it back yet Im waiting on her to notify the neighbors about what I will be doing so I dont get shot, ha. I say that in a joking manner but it can happen or at least shot at. I had been in a property last year where 1 person said it was okay to look but the neighbor down stream didnt want anyone on his property and as I got close he put a couple near me to let me know I was to close. Just a hey would of turned me around but I guess he chose the other.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good choice staying in contact and being respectful on the new place. We did that and gained access to some great hunting when a farmer bought some new property and let it to two of us exclusively, because he trusted us. It has turned out to be great for us, just treating them how we would want to be treated.

Well Im hoping thats the case here. It really leveled off and it looked beautiful in the distance. I still have to get permission the carry the snake killer on my hip. So I will wait another week before I contact her again. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to gain full permission.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent made it back yet Im waiting on her to notify the neighbors about what I will be doing so I dont get shot, ha. I say that in a joking manner but it can happen or at least shot at. I had been in a property last year where 1 person said it was okay to look but the neighbor down stream didnt want anyone on his property and as I got close he put a couple near me to let me know I was to close. Just a hey would of turned me around but I guess he chose the other.

Yea. Despite my eagerness to hunt any (new) field or creek, I never want to get yelled at, shot at, or arrested, and I go way out of my way to be to let them know when and what I'm doing on their property even after being given permission. Hope you can get back to that area soon. Looks and sounds promising.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread