Am I getting warmer?

Meandmy7yrdson

Nov 8, 2008
When you say "am i getting warmer" Im assuming you are trying to find artifacts. Please allow me to help you. I will take you through my journy a bit. 3 years ago I started creek walking and river walking. I spent many many hours and many miles of walking and countless hours of research online. What I would look for online is any old camps or villages or mounds or battles wetc etc. So 2 1/2 years later and alot of miles I finally found a place that is repeatedly giving me points. It took me over 2 years to find my first. So what I found is on the ohio river in the actual river bank I see alot of ash and burnt rocks like it was a fire pit at one time and alot of flint chips in the area. It is actually about 5 foot lower than the actual ground. How they got 5 feet below the ground is beyound me. However I found a spot that has this ash and burnt rocks coming out of the banks. I walk about a football feild or two in that area after rains and floods even in floods and I watch the bank first then all the way to the water. If you find flint, ash and burnt rocks in the bank below anything that could be recent "3 feet or more deep". I will try and take and post some pics of what im saying but i think im being pretty clear. I wish you the best and if you have any questions im no pro but ill try and help.

Meandmy7yrdson

Nov 8, 2008
Well guys I'm trying to figure out how to post the pics but I have enough to get you all the pics you need to find you some points.... you'll know when I figure it out.....

Meandmy7yrdson

Nov 8, 2008
well ill try this...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XyQ4Iuaq3H7HrJws1

..My pics of what I was talking about should be their. I tried to post pic by pic but can not figure out how to post pics on here. So try that and see if you can see the pics. ... And could someone Please let me know if you can see the pics.

Last edited:

Meandmy7yrdson

Nov 8, 2008
Out of the people who have viewed this noone can tell me if they can see the pics i gave? Also does the OP appreciate my help in the slightest bit? I surely think I have given a much more descriptive post than alot i have seen....... Just saying

OP
OP
swizzle

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
Sorry i lost track of this thread Can definitely see the pics clearly. I have found a productive field that i'm hoping to et back to in the next day or two. we had a nice heavy rain and I have been finding broken points and lots of chips and preforms too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread