Found a couple today

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The wind let up and the water dropped a bit. It was still kinda wintry but much easier to look with calm water. I found a large tip in the water and then a small point up on the beach. Also found a nice size piece of pottery.

photo 104.JPG

photo111.JPG

photo115.JPG

photo113.JPG

photo109.JPG

photo 107.JPG

photo 101.JPG

photo117.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear my reading glasses! It does make me a little dizzy...

I do the same with my glasses. Looks like you did very well and that tip looks almost whole

OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I do the same with my glasses. Looks like you did very well and that tip looks almost whole

The tip is actually very thick at the break. I've found several of these large broken points at the same site - hoping to find a whole one someday.

The smaller one has a "twist" tip. I found a remarkable white quartz one last year with an extremely thin, elongated "twist". Same site. I don't have it here to post a picture. I read in a guide to Virginia points that it is a variation of a Lamoka. The author (Hranicky) labels it a Mason neck. Other than a handful of points, I have a difficult time typing them.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a guide recently thats called Artifacts from the east and south. None of them are Georgia points in it and most are from VA in the book. I noticed the names are different on your points from mine so I wouldnt be of any help.

OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought a guide recently thats called Artifacts from the east and south. None of them are Georgia points in it and most are from VA in the book. I noticed the names are different on your points from mine so I wouldnt be of any help.

It that Robert Swope? I have a copy of that. Yes, it's hard when things have different names depending on geography.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Those are some really nice finds. Congrats :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool!! I’m fascinated with pottery, there should be some in my creeks but I’ve never found a single piece.

Yeah, It's kind of strange that some sites have a ton of it and on others you rarely see it. On this site, for the number of times I've been there, I don't often see it. Maybe some are village sites and others just hunting(?).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread