Arrowhead ??????

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never found an arrowhead before, but sure would like to.I am on the Gulf Coast of Texas, near Galveston....Near where I am at is the Trinity River, also im not too far from the Brazos river...Would it be a good idea just to walk the river banks, and look for them..??? These are both pretty big rivers, are smaller creeks better...???? Im kinda new to the artifact huntins so not really sure how to procede...Any ideas, or suggestions from seasoned vetrans...Thanks for any ideas, Tom

Upvote 0
OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
irbaddadjoe said:
The Brazos river has turned up countless artifacts. Dont know much about the trinity. But almost certain it will contain them as well.

Wel I sure thank you for the input...Like I said im new to the fossil, and artifact hunting game...I am a MD'er since way back, but I need to get more outdoor activity, like hiking.....Any good books, I might try to get from the library???? Thanks again, I will try to see what I can do on the Brazos by just walking the banks, if I can find a spot...The trinity is easy to get to, cuz of the way the banks are.......Tom

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walk the higher banks especially, as they would
camp up above the flood plain.
Gravel bars are good to search also, & plowed fields.

HH, Fossis...............

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
Walk the higher banks especially, as they would
camp up above the flood plain.
Gravel bars are good to search also, & plowed fields.

HH, Fossis...............

Thanks Fossis, so you mean by gravel bars, the area on the flat sandy region that has lots of rocks??? I noticed when I was walking the river the other day there were area that had alot of rocks, even tho the surrounding area was sandy....I hope that made sense...Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread