White quartz points

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had quite a hike today to reach a place I found last summer. I was glad to come away with something. A couple intact and some brokes. I believe these are Woodland. Does anyone have an idea on type on the smaller stemmed point?

photob.JPG

photoa.JPG

photoc.JPG

photod.JPG

photoe.JPG

Upvote 0

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
Quartz points are often found in South Carolina, where other good materiel was unavailable. NICE birdpoint.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds and a beautiful looking spot.
HH
dts

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and looks like you have some nice spots too look. Have you ever tried digging / sifting in any of those spots ? Looks like it would be a good place to try.

OP
OP
Shorewalker

Shorewalker

Nov 30, 2017
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds and looks like you have some nice spots too look. Have you ever tried digging / sifting in any of those spots ? Looks like it would be a good place to try.

No, I haven't. I did buy the necessary equipment but have not given it a shot. I've seen it done on youtube. It looks like a lot of work(!). Do you sift?

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do but not regularly , it’s definitely a lot of work I only do it at a few spots that I find a lot of surface finds. I also stick close to the water so I’m sifting thru sand and already loose top layer. I have watched quite a few of the videos on YouTube also I don’t know how the guys that dig 4x4 holes 24” deep do it .... guess I don’t have enough patience for it although they do find some killer points.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread