My very first 'Point' / blade ?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
013.JPG 014.JPG

This is it 'in situ' as I walked up on it .

A 'Time frame' would be appreciated .

Thanks & HH.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets see the base and both sides. The flaking looks scattered so with just the 2 pics of the same side so it will probably be Woodland or Archaic

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Rock said seeing the base would help .... is it ground at all or snapped at the bottom? It’s a nice point tho congrats on your first find

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like just a broken tip off if a larger piece. It may have been a Knife or a large Point, but it's really hard to say without a base to go by.

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!! Love the in situ photo. Congrats to you.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a nice one whatever it is......my guess is blade.

Mdbri

Apr 8, 2018
Maryland ,next to D.C.
Detector(s) used
V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find,, I agree with the grim reaper, it looks like a piece of something larger.pic of both sides , but the base tells the story,never the less,, an excellent find, see if bottom is broken

Last edited:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just flip the nickel over and read the date, Time period solved!:laughing7: That is a very nice blade.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congrats on the find.:occasion14:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like just a broken tip off if a larger piece. It may have been a Knife or a large Point, but it's really hard to say without a base to go by.

You know Grim , I do think your correct , (ill work on a better bottom picture), I lack at Camera to Computer transfers.

Looking at the Base it does look to have been broken off & is no match to the base-types I see in my little Book by Lar Hothem. The Base does not match up to any 'Common' end , the Flint is smooth as the outer layer but 100's of years could make it look that way.
Actually in my Heart , I felt it might be broken when I first picked it up. (maybe it's that bit of Cherokee in me).

I'm very glad to have found this as I been commenting lately that "I've never found a Complete or "For Sure" Point "
Now I can say I found a 'For Sure'.
They are hard to come by here in N Atlanta + I don't hunt Fields .

I'm Very happy & may get that Kayak , I been puttin off. For access to more Creek & River Shoals .

I thank you & everyone for the Comments.
Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Rock said seeing the base would help .... is it ground at all or snapped at the bottom? It’s a nice point tho congrats on your first find

I'd Say 'snapped' .
I love it tho & to me at least , (tho I'd love to have the whole Original piece) better a broken base that tip.
GD
Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem is it is the base that identifies the point...but, I agree, the point of a point is pretty cool.

Yea I realize that now , lol

I hope to be Blessed to find more in the future.
GD

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, I hope my first looks as good as that one

congrats, Davers

I hope your 1st is as nice or better.
For Real....Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread