Unknown object

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went hunting Thursday in a field along the Scioto River & I was hunting in a spot where I find a lot of points & flint & I found something out there I'm not sure what it is but its so highly polished & I think it looks like bone to me but not sure it has a hole on both sides but it's not drilled all the way through & it has a groove carved out all the way around below the holes it is almost 2 inches it is so polished though I got a Insitu of it too looks really cool sticking out of the ground!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    526.2 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    397.1 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    527 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What part of the Scioto? I used to hunt along it in south Franklin Co. & in Pickaway Co. Those fields had all kinds of weird stuff in them from being farmed and inhabited for hundred of years. I used to find lots of old horse shoes in my wanderings.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some kind of porcelain knob/handle. But hoping it might be some kind of NA artifact for you. That is more exciting.

Last edited:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two holes on both sides make me think it's a handle of some kind that went between two pins to hold if in place. I doubt it's ancient.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a old lamp switch that hung on a chain you would pull for on and off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions