Attachments

• Picture 1009.jpg
    Picture 1009.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 503
Upvote 0

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
Adena_man said:
These all came out of the same field during the past couple of years. I have been redoing my display cases and figured I would post a pic of some of the points while I had them out. The upper left point is a typical willow leaf.

Thanks for looking
Like em nice finds, top right and middle one ;D. I really like thanks for sharing. Jeff

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
ohioriver hunter said:
Adena_man said:
These all came out of the same field during the past couple of years. I have been redoing my display cases and figured I would post a pic of some of the points while I had them out. The upper left point is a typical willow leaf.

Thanks for looking
Like em nice finds, top right and middle one ;D. I really like thanks for sharing. Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
I believe the correct word for this type point is "Lanceolet" which comes from a destinctive shaped leaf. I have lost my books so correct me if I am wrong. Nice "stuff" anyway.

Les

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
diggerfororo said:
I believe the correct word for this type point is "Lanceolet" which comes from a destinctive shaped leaf. I have lost my books so correct me if I am wrong. Nice "stuff" anyway.

Les
[/quote

Hi Les, I looked the term up in my Overstreet Guide. They describe it as "Lanceolate - A term used to describe a stemless point".

I guess we were both wrong. Thanks for making me aware of the misspelling. ;D

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
Yep: Thats the word. Like I said I lost my books along with an extensive collection of artifacts when my house burned. I kind of get sick whenever I look finds on this forum, remembering all the things I lost. LIFE GOES ON.

Les

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
diggerfororo said:
Yep: Thats the word. Like I said I lost my books along with an extensive collection of artifacts when my house burned. I kind of get sick whenever I look finds on this forum, remembering all the things I lost. LIFE GOES ON.

Les

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your collection and home. My son is a firefighter. He has told me a lot of stories of material and human loss from fire. From what I've heard, you usually have just enough time to get out with the clothes on your back. The really important thing is that hopefully your family is okay. Over time, you can rebuild everything else. Do you have places where you can look for artifacts? Maybe you can build another collection.

Good luck!

Brian

A

Atlantis0077

LOL,

I find lots of "lancelot" points....in that they come from the lake.......Du Lac....... Nice points! Willow leaf points are pretty and I have seen some that are so thin and finely crafted you wonder how they could have possibly have chipped them.

HH

Atlantis

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
Adena_man said:
diggerfororo said:

Les
[/quote

Hi Les, I looked the term up in my Overstreet Guide. They describe it as "Lanceolate - A term used to describe a stemless point".

Lancelot,lanceolate,lancolet, What ever. I call them nice. Jeff

simsa

Sep 8, 2007
Adena_man said:

Thanks for looking
OK artefakt ;)

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Atlantis0077 said:
LOL,

I find lots of "lancelot" points....in that they come from the lake.......Du Lac....... Nice points! Willow leaf points are pretty and I have seen some that are so thin and finely crafted you wonder how they could have possibly have chipped them.

HH

Atlantis

Hey Atlnatis! Thanks for the post! I don't see how they made those willow leaf points without breaking most of them. They are so thin.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
ohioriver hunter said:
Adena_man said:
diggerfororo said:

Les
[/quote

Lancelot,lanceolate,lancolet, What ever. I call them nice. Jeff

LOL, I somehow had a feeling that I was "butchering" the name while I was posting the thread! ;D

Hope for some rain!

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread