Heartbreak City!

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The creek has flooded three times since the end of February so there has been plenty of opportunity to find Arti’s... this is everything that I’ve found so far. Can’t believe I’ve only found one complete point without any dings! Heartbreak city!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524270725.998349.jpg

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some pretty material there. Way to go.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
The second one down on the left looks reworked so maybe it's a whole one too...Nice points!!!!:thumbsup:

SportsmanAll

Mar 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I’ve always been jealous of stone material. Around here we have obsidian mostly.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
If you don't mind saying what state you are in BobGuy?

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind saying what state you are in BobGuy?

Illinois.. we are definitely blessed with pretty material around here.. orange/yellow/tan kaolin chert, pink/red/orange heat treated Burlington and Other stuff that I don’t know how to identify... ha

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Lot of different stones around here too. Sometimes I wonder if they traded because of the difference of stone....?

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be real happy with that many creek finds! Some real nice ones there!

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be real happy with that many creek finds! Some real nice ones there!

Do you ever get the feeling that it’s never enough?! :) a few years ago I would have been thrilled with this but now I feel like I need at least a 4” G10 to feel like I had a good hunt.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds in your creek! I mostly find pottery but once in a while I get lucky and find a point, looks like the opposite for you and you have a great creek to hunt in.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you ever get the feeling that it’s never enough?! :) a few years ago I would have been thrilled with this but now I feel like I need at least a 4” G10 to feel like I had a good hunt.

It happens about 1 hour after every find(s) when I get home from a field or creek hunt....no matter what I've found. Artifact obsession/addiction/fascination!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big one on the right is a killer and looks intact to me. The base appears to have been intentionally removed with the fracture taken off from left to right hinging out up in the right hand notch. Why it was done is anybody's guess, but it took some expert knapping skills. Nice finds!

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big one on the right is a killer and looks intact to me. The base appears to have been intentionally removed with the fracture taken off from left to right hinging out up in the right hand notch. Why it was done is anybody's guess, but it took some expert knapping skills. Nice finds!

My wife and I both thought that was an interesting break. I thought it was snapped during use. Why do you think it was done intentionally? The shape of the break?

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I both thought that was an interesting break. I thought it was snapped during use. Why do you think it was done intentionally? The shape of the break?

Not saying that you aren't right. I guess that really bearing down while cutting something could result in that type break. I've just seen that same fracture so many times, I had to wonder. You'd think that if you were cutting hard enough to break it, that there would be some type of damage to the blade edge as well, if not before the stem broke. I would also think that if it broke from too much cutting pressure, that the break would be closer to the notches than out toward the end of the tang. Very nice find, regardless.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finding anything worked is good now days. Most will have dings to find a perfect one is rare imo. There is usually 1 side worth showing in a frame. My creeks are flooded again and Im hoping this time something nice will washout for me. Ive found my share of broken and ugly thats for sure in 2018.
Looks good from here

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread