Im starting to like creek hunting

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found another good point yesterday in another creek it was easy to spot as the in situ shows. Its very similar to the one I found last week in another creek very close by. 0421181750.jpg 0421181752a.jpg 0422181012.jpg 0421181750a.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dont know rock but I dont think its a guilford, they seem like longer narrower points but it could be. I dont know of many of those being found in this area.I guess its hard to tell by looking at the pictures, I wish I had a better camera. That would be cool to know one eas a beaver lake though. I have heard of those being found around here.I appreciate everyones opinion on it though, and I hope you find that killer piece you are looking for on your next hunt.

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome looking day there. you generally hunt lakes or fields right? The creeks have been treating me well too lately in middle tn (i think i'm a bit more east than you). from the pictures it doesn't look like you are dealing with a lot of water depth. which does make it a bit easier. if you ever end up dealing with a site that is a bit more under water and are looking to get away from the bugs.. might try a mask and wet suit (if needed). i have been hunting a spring fed creek (cold 50 degrees at best) for about 3 years that always produces to some extent.. just walking different sections were the current allows the bottom to be visible and gravel bars. recently after tracking the sharpness/ lack of creek polish, i have found a few spots on it where the flint is coming out of the eroded walls. the last three hunts i have used my semi-dri wetsuit and a mask. there are bedrock cracks along that wall and from being able to see underwater and doing some active fanning and rock moving in the cracks i've pulled around forty points, blades, tons of brokes, tools, about 50lbs of big flakes out in less than 50 yards of creek . basically a full frame. i can't tell you how many times i've just walked over the same spot. each one of the days i go back thinking that i cleaned it out last time, only to stick my head underwater and find a new point in the first few minutes. congrats on those points and i hope you can narrow down the type.

OP
OP
T

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a lot to find in that small area moses there must have been a big camp right along the creek bank there.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know rock but I dont think its a guilford, they seem like longer narrower points but it could be. I dont know of many of those being found in this area.I guess its hard to tell by looking at the pictures, I wish I had a better camera. That would be cool to know one eas a beaver lake though. I have heard of those being found around here.I appreciate everyones opinion on it though, and I hope you find that killer piece you are looking for on your next hunt.

We find Guilfords here so Im sure you have them also. Im in N GA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread