Arrowhead places near Bella Vista AR

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No one will tell you their spot. Find a field near a river or stream. Especially where 2 rivers or a river and a stream come together. Gary

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats for sure you will have to find your own area to look. We are nice but nobody is that nice unless you happen to find somebody who cant walk due to bad knees or something, good luck

OP
OP
E

edteach

Feb 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And people wonder why their hobbies are dying out.

justonemore

Oct 31, 2011
Indiana
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And some of us wonder why some are maybe to lazy to do some research to learn what, where, how, and why, knock on some doors and get permission and get out and discover.

OP
OP
E

edteach

Feb 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya that's it. LOL Its like Hunting. People are so self serving its a dying culture. Now Arrow head hunting is being taken over by meth heads feeding habits. I though this was a place to ask and learn. Instead it seems many are just here to BS instead of help.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya that's it. LOL Its like Hunting. People are so self serving its a dying culture. Now Arrow head hunting is being taken over by meth heads feeding habits. I though this was a place to ask and learn. Instead it seems many are just here to BS instead of help.

Actually, you did get a good tip. Find a field near a body of fresh water. That's an agricultural field, of course. Where the soil is turned over. Get owner permission to walk that field. Walk it after heavy rains. If you walk it freshly turned, but before it has been washed with good rains, it's unlikely you will find something.

Now, I have noticed you have asked this same question on several forums, and got the same answer. As one experienced artifact hunter put it, usually after you tell someone where one of your spots is located, you find footprints everywhere the next time you go.

It's a competitive sport, basically. And a fine line between sharing and being run right out of your own field. I have taken friends I trust, who also collect, to some of my spots. With the understanding that I expect them to respect the work I have put in, and please do not hunt my spots without me. That is how friendships in this hobby are not simply made, but also kept.

The hobby is not dying out, and the hobby is not being taken over my meth heads. Yes, we have all heard those stories, but none of my artifact hunting friends are meth heads. You're just upset because you have received the same answer everywhere. Now, I have taken rookies to good public fields, meaning fields well known to the collecting community, and helped them learn how to find points. I would never take someone who approached me with an attitude like your's. Why get yourself off on the wrong foot like that? Maybe there are local Archaeological groups in your neck of the woods or state. Ask around locally. The answers you received on all the forums are to be expected. And really, you got good advice. Farm fields, near fresh water, with permission, after heavy rains. Are you helpless that you can't do that much?

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

And let me tell you something else. Do you think meth heads hunt corn fields, and walk out with thousands of dollars worth of points and other artifacts?? Ha! Jokes on you. You know nothing about this hobby. You are talking about people who, in the dead of night, loot burial grounds, and burial mounds, looking for ceremonial grade artifacts that do bring big bucks. But we are not grave robbers. We are not looting burial mounds. We obey federal and state laws and do not condone collecting on public lands, either. There are laws involved, ethics involved. And you would equate us with meth heads looting burial mounds? This is where you think this hobby is going, this is what you think artifact hunting is all about? You do nothing but display your own ignorance. Arrowhead hunting is being taken over by meth heads? Give me a break. If I thought it was that easy to find artifacts worth hundreds and thousands of dollars, by simply surface hunting, I would have retired from my job way sooner then I did, and raked in all that $$. Where I hunt, I am lucky to find a point worth 20 bucks once every 6 months. Lol....

OP
OP
E

edteach

Feb 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my new hobby. I bought a bunch of stone arrow heads for cheap new made and am tossing them around creeks. Did 12 this afternoon. someone will think they just got a home run. LOL

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my new hobby. I bought a bunch of stone arrow heads for cheap new made and am tossing them around creeks. Did 12 this afternoon. someone will think they just got a home run. LOL

Don’t think it would matter from the sounds of it any place you would go nobody with any sense would be hunting there

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You paid money for an arrowhead and then threw it in a creek? Right. I think edteach speak with forked tongue. Gary

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some folks really know how to get off on the right foot!

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Considering you posted this across multiple sites, with varying responses, and especially the comments you made on this one.. it seems like you might be trolling. but that would be an assumption on my part.
i'm not personally familiar with your state but you might use some research tools such as:

caltopo maps which allows you to not only view your area in many map layers (of all sorts of age and type), but also make custom personal maps with markers and amazing other tools. see old river beds and how things looked before lakes were there.. ect..

some states have property viewers by county in a gov. free info website. if your state has this it is helpful in finding the property owner that you need to talk to.

the search engines on websites like these and others can give you a lot of info... joshua will show up with reams of wisdom and other wise folk if you don't act like you have been. this song kind of narrates the vibe i get from you at the moment...

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
This is the first post of his I read..and..I was about ready to invite him/her? up a little bit North to hunt. Glad I read through the whole post first. Bridges are Burned for me..........:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread