My field finds from 4/22

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

Here are some of my finds from yesterday. Walked 20,000 steps which is 9.4 miles with a couple of buddies.

For a field that needs rain desperately, and had a nice film of dust all over the top of every square inch of it, we did not let anything get past us.

Oh, also, I’m completely burnt all over my arms and neck. Wear sunscreen. It’s no joke. Unless you want to look like a jackass like I do. Wear gloves if you decide not to wear any, it really helps it to stand out more.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524523775.878994.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524523829.537853.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524523866.163577.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524523893.517622.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524523915.469046.jpg

Upvote 0

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice lookin finds! Like the hammerstone! That's a lot of walking!

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The field I was on really needed rain. It was actually my first field too. I’m used to rivers and creeks. The fields produced much more than I’ve seen or found in a river. Although I always enjoy searching the rivers too. Without rain, it’s hard to see what’s on the field because it can be hidden under a small layer of dust.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , Iv always kinda had a love hate feeling when it comes to fields .... nothing like a freshly plowed field when it’s raining which is great in the summer time or rite after a good rain. A nice quartz point will stand out like it was placed there yesterday but than the hate part when you pick it up and it’s broken with that unmistakable break from the plows / discs. Don’t get me started on no till ..... lol

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
Hard walking and very dusty. Still came out with a couple finds. Had a good day.

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , Iv always kinda had a love hate feeling when it comes to fields .... nothing like a freshly plowed field when it’s raining which is great in the summer time or rite after a good rain. A nice quartz point will stand out like it was placed there yesterday but than the hate part when you pick it up and it’s broken with that unmistakable break from the plows / discs. Don’t get me started on no till ..... lol

It really is different. I love going to the river to search. But the fields are so nice too. Do you go when it actually rains? Or right after? We are waiting for a big rain to flatten it out. Wonder how it would be after a little bit of rain.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really is different. I love going to the river to search. But the fields are so nice too. Do you go when it actually rains? Or right after? We are waiting for a big rain to flatten it out. Wonder how it would be after a little bit of rain.

I don’t necessarily plan to hunt in the rain but if it’s warm out I’ll walk around in it. The more rain the better but any rain at all should reveal some even if it just clears that light dust off the top so I would definitely look after any rain .... only so much time before crops start popping up.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The field I was on really needed rain. It was actually my first field too. I’m used to rivers and creeks. The fields produced much more than I’ve seen or found in a river. Although I always enjoy searching the rivers too. Without rain, it’s hard to see what’s on the field because it can be hidden under a small layer of dust.

When you do get about .8" of rain or more, try to get back to that field quickly before anyone else. Bet you'll have some good success.

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What’s above the quartz side notch point?

Looks like copper.

It’s what we believe to be the base of a Kirk. Would have been a killer if whole. Paper thin and razor sharp.

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you do get about .8" of rain or more, try to get back to that field quickly before anyone else. Bet you'll have some good success.

We are anxiously awaiting rain lol. We can’t wait to get back out there.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That piece is different looking ( Kirk)... any chance of close up pics ... maybe profile pic , what material do you think it is?

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, red arms and light hands makes for a wondrous fashion statement.:laughing7:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Field walking imo is easier to find artifacts but most are just pieces in my area. They dont plow much anymore just use the disc which only goes down about 3 inches and will cut them rite in half at least the big ones the small stuff usually makes it through. But the fields use to get plowed so many different ages can be found still. I find Historic to Early Archaic in the fields I look. Nice finds but just be prepared to find many broken ones.

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
That piece is different looking ( Kirk)... any chance of close up pics ... maybe profile pic , what material do you think it is?

I held it. It looks almost like feltsite. Not exactly sure. I have a point of same material. Not quartzite. I’ll ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1524578668.800124.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread