Bannerstone, beach surface find

deldave

Jul 9, 2013
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This surface find was out of my league as a detectorist and beachcomber. When i saw this sitting in the surf on the sand and approached it I was shocked to realize I knew what it was right away. This comes from someone who has never been able to find a complete point of any sort in my 65 yrs of searching ( i was born to search!). It is so symmetrical and the hole is true and centered (it was packed with sand when I found it). I washed it in plain water and now I am going to see about getting it authenticated and appraised.

Attachments

• DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 282
  • DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 227
  • DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 236
  • DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 220
Upvote 0

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful, it has not been into the surf too long or it would be worn to a nub. You can see some of it is worn by the sand. Beautiful artifact, I voted banner as well. Congratulations.

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Xp deus, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome piece of history. Congrats on your soon to be banner. My votes in.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My banner vote: "So incredibly rare to find nowadays, especially that type, so fragile, and in perfect condition. Many collectors go a lifetime without finding even a broken one."

What a great reward for so many years of searching. It really doesn't get any better than that. Would love to have seen a picture of it laying in situ just as you found it. I was just thinking yesterday that on the heels of Gator's great point find, that now somebody needs to find a bannerstone, and I'll be damned if you didn't do it! A true banner find!

I'll also be damned if I'd send it off anywhere for authentication. It's good. You don't need to take the risk in having anybody tell you what we already know.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a very rare find :icon_thumright:

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....I vote banner for banner stone..................:thumbsup:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes me want to go to the beach. Just think I use to look for shells never thought to look for artifacts, congrats on the find.

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on making the Banner! It got my vote killer piece!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why the heck is this thing not on top yet?!

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why the heck is this thing not on top yet?!

I've been wondering the same thing for a couple of days now. I don't know how many votes for banner are required before it's a banner find, but going by other threads of finds that made banner, it just seems like it would be on top by now....

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wondering the same thing for a couple of days now. I don't know how many votes for banner are required before it's a banner find, but going by other threads of finds that made banner, it just seems like it would be on top by now....

I wonder about the whole procedure sometimes...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions