15253388171631745716633.jpg

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know if you posted in this forum by mistake or because you actually want to know the worth. Based on the only picture provided the worth is only a few dollars, it is a small knife.

OP
OP
L

Larman

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2018
Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok not quite sure what i did. I am new to the site. I was just looking for others opinions on a artifact that i found. As far as the couple dollar comment. I disigree. In fact so does a friend if mine who has published several books on native American artifacts. And has countless artifacts in musems around the country. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and i respect the fact that not everyone knows what there talking about. Im guilty of this from time to time. I dont think its verry welcoming to the new people to be sarcasticly asked if we are on the wrong site or we really want the answer to the question we asked. If im in the wrong site i appoligise. Simpley telling me that would be nice.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok not quite sure what i did. I am new to the site. I was just looking for others opinions on a artifact that i found. As far as the couple dollar comment. I disigree. In fact so does a friend if mine who has published several books on native American artifacts. And has countless artifacts in musems around the country. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and i respect the fact that not everyone knows what there talking about. Im guilty of this from time to time. I dont think its verry welcoming to the new people to be sarcasticly asked if we are on the wrong site or we really want the answer to the question we asked. If im in the wrong site i appoligise. Simpley telling me that would be nice.

You posted a picture with 2 words "Native Artifact" in our What Is It Worth forum, you did not ask any questions, you did not ask what is it worth or what the name was. I have been collecting native artifacts for over 25 years, collected thousands of them, yours is a small knife worth a few dollars.

We have a North American Artifact forum I am moving thread to.

If you have a friend who has published several books on indian artifacts and countless artifacts in museums around the world why are you asking us what it is called?

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its a shame something so old isnt worth more but its true with the end damaged a couple of dollars would be the rite price. I dont collect for the money value of them anyways I do it for the history of the pieces knowing somebody had to survive by chipping a rock to kill their dinner. If somebody was doing it to make a profit they would be better off going to a place that pays a low wage and they would still make more money than I would if I was to sell my finds, rock
P.S. its a fine looking piece for a personal find.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
by "a few dollars" we don't mean one or two...just that it isn't a big ticket item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions