Some Nice Quartz Pieces

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Both of these are knife forms, both fairly nice for the material. Rhode Island finds.

This waxy lustrous grey quartz does not turn up too often. Most of our quartz is of the white variety...

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

This piece is very thin and fairly well made for quartz...

IMG_0657.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Charl

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, friends. Here's one more I've always been partial towards. An Atlantic Broadpoint. Basically the same point as Snook Kill points from NY. These are very rarely made of quartz. This example must have had several resharpenings...

IMG_0667.JPG

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really fine examples of quartz points, especially when they used the more unfractured and solid quartz. I have never found any points here that have that fractured looking quartz, only the solid clear or milky agatized quartz material.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well made quartz points. I like them.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking Quartz artifacts. It's amazing they were able to make such fine pieces out of such incredibly hard to work material. I was able to acquire some nice east coast Quartz pieces for my states collection.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Awesome quarts pieces Charl. I'm in MA. Plenty of quartz points but very difficult to find them that big and that nice ! Congrats on finding some beauties.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread