Native American Artifacts from WI

WiscoSiD

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I was hoping someone here could give me some information about the items in picture below and if any of them hold any monetary value. I unfortunately don't know much about them outside of the fact that I have a couple of copper spearheads and a collection of arrowheads. The collection was my great uncles and it has been in the family for many years. If anyone knows anything about what I have or where I could find more information about the items it would be great appreciated.

Cheers!

Arrowheads.jpg

Upvote 0

justonemore

Oct 31, 2011
Indiana
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great collection your great uncle collected. None of the points stand out as being worth a whole lot. The two cooper points are quite nice though.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They are nice, the copper ones are really pretty special & may have some value. I agree that they are not high dollar points. Keeping them in the family is what I would do.

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not much value in the stone points, the one nice copper one may be worth a few bucks.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
The copper pieces are great. How long are they? Size will play a lot with the value, even on the common stone pieces.

If you were to sell them to a dealer, I think you are looking at hundreds not thousands of dollars.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The broken pieces in the bottom three rows are basically only good for study pieces and really no monetary value. Now, having said that, if everything was found on one site then being site material the broken pieces would have some value but still not much. The rest are still nice and would probably fetch a few hundred dollars. Hopefully you decide to keep them and display them proudly.

OP
OP
W

WiscoSiD

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your expertise on the pieces. I really appreciate all the helpful feedback! We do intend to keep the collection in the family but we wanted to know what we had. The items originated in Chenequa, WI. My great uncle owned farm land in this area and we were told he collected these during that time. He was an avid outdoorsman and it is hard to say if each piece originated here but we feel fairly confident many did.

Thanks again everyone!

OP
OP
W

WiscoSiD

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a bit more about the land the pieces were likely discovered on. Figured I would just share for anyone that might be interested. My great uncle George farmed plot 3 in the 1950's before he eventually sold the property to Harry Quadracci. George having no claim to fame is not mentioned in the book about the history of Pine Lake but the land and the tribes that passed through these parts are mentioned.

Indian Camp Grounds.jpg

Pg_18.jpg

Pg_19.jpg

Pg_20.jpg

Flip N. Rocks

Jun 17, 2018
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing your points. I have yet to find a point in Wisconsin. That'll change someday. Plenty of history around these parts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread