Didnt know whether to be excited or cry

razor

Apr 29, 2007
Didn't know whether to be excited or cry

I'm a non-traditional college student and I was able to manage with part of the day off. I was originally going to go home and do some homework, but when I walked out side it was absolutely gorgeous! Temp was in the low 80’s for the first time here in N Texas along with a few clouds and a slight breeze. It didn’t take long for me to trash the homework idea and I soon found myself snooping around one the creeks in the area. I had walked all of about 50 yards when I found the mosasaur vertebra. Then about 20 feet further laying there pretty as you please was the broke tip. I didn’t know whether to be excited or to cry. The picture really doesn’t do it justice. It’s 2” long and 1 3/8” wide and a ¼” thick. Not sure what kind of point it would have been, but... If it’s okay with you guys I think I’ll be excited. Not bad for two hours and the view down in the creeks beats a book any day of the week. Thanks for looking, Razor

Attachments

• 091207 A.jpg
    091207 A.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0
P

pickaway

Re: Didn't know whether to be excited or cry

I know brokes all to well ,but better than nothing and they can be interesting peices to look over.Nice finds.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is much more fun than studying.

Fossis..........

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007

razor said:
I'm a non-traditional college student and I was able to manage with part of the day off. I was originally going to go home and do some homework, but when I walked out side it was absolutely gorgeous! Temp was in the low 80’s for the first time here in N Texas along with a few clouds and a slight breeze. It didn’t take long for me to trash the homework idea and I soon found myself snooping around one the creeks in the area. I had walked all of about 50 yards when I found the mosasaur vertebra. Then about 20 feet further laying there pretty as you please was the broke tip. I didn’t know whether to be excited or to cry. The picture really doesn’t do it justice. It’s 2” long and 1 3/8” wide and a ¼” thick. Not sure what kind of point it would have been, but... If it’s okay with you guys I think I’ll be excited. Not bad for two hours and the view down in the creeks beats a book any day of the week. Thanks for looking, Razor
Love the color,nice find Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread