Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Southeastern U.S. (Georgia)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool. I think many archaeologists believe that there were people here earlier than the commonly accepted period, but they are unable to prove it without proper finds. The problem is the restrictive nature of laws pertaining to artifacts. Most discoveries are made by private citizens who are scared to introduce sites to the government. I've seen some artifacts that are mind-blowing, but not inspected by archaeologists because of this fear.

Fred250

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could find a Neanderthal riding a unicorn on a saddle of dinosaur bones and in the eyes of science and therefore the world it wouldn’t count. Don’t waste your time.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, they are just natural rock formed by nature not man.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the clouds that look like animals and people are artifacts as well?

Whiplash016

Feb 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could find a Neanderthal riding a unicorn on a saddle of dinosaur bones and in the eyes of science and therefore the world it wouldn’t count. Don’t waste your time.

You posted a water worn quartz rock. I wouldn’t comment on anything if I were you. I posted a quarts point for you. It’s very crude, but still able to tell it’s been worked
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531829116.669786.jpg

Last edited:

Whiplash016

Feb 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And btw. That green face I posted above was found in Newark, Ohio, at the earthworks site, buried in the Indian mounds. That’s about 90 miles south of me.

Whiplash016

Feb 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’re saying that has not been altered by hands? C’mon lol

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks worked from just the one dimensional photo, but it could just as well be a creek tumbled piece of material. More pictures of each side would help. Your Quartz piece looks to be a rough Point too. The Axe though, sorry I just don't see it.

Have you taken it to an ASO show in Hilliard? Lots of very experienced collectors and some archaeologists at each show. You should look into it and go to one.

OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO!!! The subject line of this post was meant to describe the experts debating on the length of time that humans have occupied the Americas... Not these rock vs artifact debates! Whatever. I’m game! Let this Festivus begin with the Airing of Grievances!! I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you’re gonna hear about it!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Last edited:

Whiplash016

Feb 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve spoken with several archaeologist in the last few years and almost all of them will not acknowledge anything preclovis. They are the 25-30 year experts that are not open to new evidence.
One expert that I spoke with was the most helpful, but he was cautious with his wording. He told me that “NA was inhabited a long time ago, but they don’t know much about them or who they were.” He said, “it’s not a lack of evidence, it’s a lack of funding and man power.”
There are sites all over the country that have been dated to 50k years ago. One in California that’s 150k, but they are scrutinized by the life long archaeologists that don’t want to see their ideas shattered. The Clovis first model has already fallen, it’s just going to take time until it’s accepted. The site in South Carolina is a perfect example, also Old Vero beach in Florida. The really old sites, are off the coast of Georgia under 400ft of water.

Fred250

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think what you want about me just make sure your thoughts and actions are not driven by ego or selfishness

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread